Collaboration with Meretz - Well executed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Max Bennis, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

I recently saw SotA - Meretz collaboration and thought it's a great idea.

I immediately downloaded the app and got the cloak! (running out of walls in my room to hang them lol)

This kind of collaboration is a awesome idea in terms of advertisement, and also keeping player interested in game.

Keeping myself healthy so I can rejuvenate myself in-game, what a beautiful concept!

Well done, SotA devs!

2. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

3. amarious

amarious Avatar

The innovative ideas Portalarium are coming up with are exciting me and making me feel proud to have supported SotA.

I'll be purchasing a fit-bit asap.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

None of you are concerned about providing your login credentials to this third party software?

Bink, Max Bennis, Jens_T and 6 others like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

What would they do with them anyway? I understand the question, don't get me wrong. And it's valid. But.... It's a game account. It's not like they could do anything that port couldn't undo.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Are we though? Or does the app open a portal and we auth through Portalarium that gives them a handshake?

Max Bennis likes this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I’m hooking my fitbit up to my ceiling fan, let’s see how many points I can get!

8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Berek already confirmed that the app doesn't store our password, just does a one-time validation.

Sara Dreygon, Max Bennis and Ristra like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

I like the idea of promoting physical activity and healthy lifestyle.

Though I am slightly disappointed (though not surprised) by the cloak, Americans always confuse Caduceus (Rod/Staff of Hermes), symbol of commerce with Rod of Asclepius, symbol of medicine.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. dayero

dayero Avatar

I think this is a horrible idea, getting into bed with a company that has selling user data as it's business model.
    Together with the 5000 question survey - that they share with third parties, ffs - I think this is a very bad move.

If I had known this a few month ago, I probably wouldnt have invested. No amount of money you earn or good you think you do is worth cooperating with big data.

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

The IT Connected world put privacy in that untethered boat a long time ago and the tide is going out, the only 2 computers systems not sharing your data is the commadore 64 you have at home.

13. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

No need to be a gloomy Gus about this, as Berek said, if you don't want to sign up then no one is forcing us! I think it's an awesome offer and I'm looking to get healthier with the help of Shroud! Awesome!

14. dayero

dayero Avatar

That is wrong on a lot of levels. First I am both investor and player. As an investor I also have to think about the effect portalarium has on others. Otherwise I might as well invest in a company producing landmines, just because no one is dropping landmines in the country I live in.
    Secondly, big data is ALWAYS affecting you. Data gets merged, cross-referenced and analysed in more ways and dimensions than you can possibly imagine, by companies, governments and science that don't even have to exist right now.
    Thirldly , I think it doesn't even work in the first place. You put a thin coat of addictive behaviour patterns over an activity you don't genuinely enjoy. It won't last. It will frustrate you. It will discourage you from future attempts. Just try out sports or other activities until you find something you do enjoy. Or modify stuff you do like to contain as much movement as is possible - and socially accepted. tap dancing store detectives are kind of frowned upon for example, and not really subtle either :D

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Only one example...

People that are already doing something get a little extra with this. Reinforcing already established habits helps maintain those habits.

It's easy to find flaws with something you don't want to do. No worries though. You don't need to.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.