1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

College of Arms & Custom Crests in Game Reward

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

A very big issue is that people are asking for charges that are not a medieval style, or are too complex.

2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Which is worth noting. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't care to see jarring or completely ridiculous devices (Or fimbriated sable, an Optimus Prime true) floating around a medieval world. Thank you and the rest of the College for sticking to this rule. :)

Time Lord, Nikko, NirAntae and 3 others like this.
  3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Awesome!!! So somebody later on could use the same trojan head I will have (or somebody else's symbol), but they cannot have it in the same configuration on their shield?

4. Sir Frank

Correct. There would have to be 2 significant differences from any existing configuration.

5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Hopefully individual images can be skewed & resized for additional uniqueness. Like Darkstarr has 1 large chaos symbol & I have 3 small ones & my wolf head is stretched from the original, or you could just save my wolf head in the database :)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Sir Frank

I don't know for sure. Currently, the builder scales the charge to fit the space. So, the chaos stars in chief are no problem at all.
    The wolf head might be an issue. I would expect it to be scaled, rather than stretched or skewed.
    It shares the space with the crafting sigil, so perhaps they'll be roughly equal size.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I made sure I upgraded to Virtual Collector before April 7 (hope to go a little higher if finances allow!) so that I'll be able to use the lovely CoA O'Sullivan put together for me... :D

*points to the left*

Everyone involved in the College of Arms is very helpful and they obviously enjoy what they do, so don't be shy to ask them for a design!

- A Happy Customer.

;)

8. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Helping people to create arms they love and which they feel really represents them, is absolutely a joy and it is what keeps most of us plugging away at this even when all the "other crap" involved makes us want to pull our hair out. ;)

Thanks so much DarkStarr for this post!

9. Red Rackham

Red Rackham Avatar

I also specifically upgraded my pledge to take advantage of DIY crest. I have a quick question though: I would like to have a kangaroo charge...preferably the boxing kangaroo.. Can we turn this into a charge?
    [​IMG]
    Or if the boxing gloves are unsuitable, the classic street sign one will work nicely:
    [​IMG]
    Would love to hear from the great CoA about the possibility of adding this. Thanks to all involved in helping build the CoA, it's one of the areas I'm following very closely and am very excited to see the crests appearing in the gallery. Great work!

Crikey and Time Lord like this.
  10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I like the boxing kangaroo better than the jumping one... ^_^

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Holt

Holt Avatar

I spoke with Adiun and NirAntae at length last night and they are delightful. The way that arms are being made is an extremely elegant solution to a potentially expensive in-game feature.

My understanding is that the images that make up the database must be in the public domain, and that they are working hard to avoid anachronism in the medieval milieu of New Britannia.

It's very interesting to learn more about the other Royal Warrant guild and see the operational differences. But I also learned we share some of the same challenges.

12. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Holt, it was truly a pleasure to speak with you, as evidenced by the fact that I stayed up about an hour and a half later than I should have! hah

Red Rackham, if you would make a thread over in the subforum (town hall>college of arms) we would be happy to work with you to get you a device you will be happy with!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  14. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Sure thing.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I think this is one of the details in this game that will create a truly creative and fun environment in New Britannia. It will feel even more alive with this level of detail, and reminds me of George R. R. Martin's work. I am really excited to see my crest, as well as the crests of hundreds of others. The CoA is a WONDERFUL thing to have in our community!

17. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

It sure is a great feature to have. The people that are leading up the COA work do a fantastic job.

rild, Time Lord, Nikko and 1 other person like this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

My body is ready

19. Logain

Logain Avatar

Are we going to have them on any shield we want, or "only" on a specific shield? What about cloacks/armour, in case that we're wearing a two handed weapon?

Bodhbh Dearg and Time Lord like this.
  20. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

actually I am working on a kangaroo charge for the college of arms that I hope to finish today. glad to see i am not the only person who thought of that animal as one ppl may like.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.