1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

College of Arms & Custom Crests in Game Reward

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

All we know:

Get your own Family Crest for display on your shield, tabard and house flag, made from a customized image uploaded by YOU! (Submitted Art subject to Developer Approval).

They talked about making some sort of stamp or certificate part of the crafting process to make a shield or cloak or other items, but we don't have any details.

The reward says shield, tabard, and house flag.

Time Lord, Isaiah and Golem Dragon like this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I hope they expand that to cloaks later on. I'm sure they will eventually.

I'm thinking that guilds will also be able to have images for their tabards, or a guild cloak to identify members of the guild.

This brings up a new idea... GUILDS! Should guilds have arms? Or should guilds just have symbols of their choosing? I'm assuming the guilds should make their images though the same CoA system.

However I don't think guilds should have the same system as a person getting their arms. Or maybe others disagree. However it seems like we need to address this issue as soon as possible.

1. should guilds use the same system
    2. we need to get guilds on board now
    3. the guild symbols can also be added to the creation tool for others to use on their custom arms!

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Already answered. Guild arms are not included in Episode 1, but will likely be added in the future.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

will they allow custom images?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm assuming anything you can build the the in-game version of the arms tool, not actual images.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Maybe we should be able to upload guild custom images now even though they won't have guild arms until later. It will create a new host of images for players to use if they so choose too.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Sir Frank

I would not expect to be able to upload custom images.

Perhaps a few images will be chosen as wall art for decorating.
    Perhaps as a quarterly or annual contest, a few pieces of genuine, user generated art will be imported and sold at vendors.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Sir Frank

People have the opportunity now to create custom charges.
    They have to be in the correct format, and in a proper medieval style.
    Once we fill up our allotment of charges, I don't know how often we'll be allowed to make updates.

Time Lord and Isaiah like this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

There are limitations to how many unique images can be added, and there are limitations on the what technical approaches can be used for creating the images. Not all of those limitations are fully qualified yet, so the best approach right now is caution. Accepting guild images would be a bad idea because no guidance has been given on that topic, and it's bad practice to lead people to think they've got something set up for themselves when, in fact, that something will ultimately be disqualified for one reason or another. Let's take this one step at a time and do our best to avoid disappointment. :)

Bodhbh Dearg, Time Lord and Isaiah like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I looked again at all of the crests, and I'm amazed! they all look great. Some are more striking than others, but each has its own personality and features. Some people might be upset that there are rules, but actually I think this system is working well.

The CoA deserved their royal warrant for sure. Thanks for all the hard work. This is the kind of element that makes the game seem more real! I personally feel more apart of this world because there is a formal arms system. At first I think I felt a little concerned that I couldn't load any old image I wanted, but now I'm convinced that this is just really cool. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.