Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Color blindness adaptations

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Garfunkel Humperdinck, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

One out of every twenty people (mostly men) have some form of color deficiency also known as color blindness. Most have trouble with red/green (myself included), while some blue/yellow, and so on. One specific thing that has been a problem for me so far is the red vs green color indicator for decoration placement in the house. Currently I must try to drop the decoration several times to see if it sticks or simply bounces back to where it came from. Perhaps a red vs blue color indicator could help those with this problem enjoy the game even more. It would certainly help me. While placing decorations efficiently is not very important to the quality of game play, my fear is that red vs green could play an important role in more critical parts of the game moving forward. Are there any thoughts of keeping things color blind friendly?

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Thanks for bringing up a really good point Garfunkel. I hope the devs take this into consideration as we definitely don't want to alienate anyone due to a something that should be (hopefully) an easy fix.

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you for this specific use case. Please enter it as a bug in the bug forums.

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

There are these cool new glasses to help with those who suffer from being color blind. http://enchroma.com/

6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm color blind myself in certain shades of red (more like pinks or plumb), not so I notice it all the times... Only when I play Laser tag (I shot my own team more than the opponents) or once my employer installed new carpet and I made a comment about it having 3 shades of grey in the pattern, everyone thought I was nuts, saying it was 3 shades of Plumb (which hit my short color spectrum)... I haven't had any problems in SotA, and everyone has a different spectrum they can see, if it looks Grey, then its problably hitting your short spectrum...

7. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

This presents quite a dilemma. Should I spend $500 on glasses that will give me near normal color vision with the ability see spring flowers, fall colors, different shades of grass and sunsets in all their glory for the first time in my life, or upgrade my pledge? Hmm... Why is this such a difficult decision?

smack, Manerd and 4EverLost like this.
  8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

lol idk about you but I think being able to see everything in color is more important than even SotA :p

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.