1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Combat and PVP team update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Man, now I feel like a rich jerk with my 25$ ergonomic MS keyboard.

Gee wiz, I hope I dont get owned by those people with 100$+ keyboards hitting keys as fast as me.

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    you dont have to worry about me, I hit the keyboard with my head most of the time! :p

Time Lord, Samlee, docdoom77 and 2 others like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

My keyboard is imbued with runic magic, so I AM THE WIN.

4. smack

smack Avatar

Why not all of the time? There's your problem...

5. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Haha, yep, I'm the same way, I use cheap logitech keyboards, don't need no fancy macros to game with the best of 'em :)

Although I have considered buying one to see what all the hoopla is about... I just haven't found a game like I felt I needed it, not even WoW raids/pvp.

Time Lord and Isaiah [MGT] like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"SteelSeries Keyboard"
    I like the SteelSeries keyboard but I'm still considering the programmable mouse.... but not yet committed to it...
    About all I've macro'ed with the keyboard currently is placing card selection on the side macro keys the SteelSeries has... I only use 5 cards anyway...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If you play UO free shards you will find good use for it. I had all my keys set up on my G710+ and my G600 mouse. I used them all frequently. Although I think games are more sophisticated these days, and don't require much macros. Although I can see it still happening by using a third party app if that happens.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

MURDER/CRIMINAL SYSTEM

The PvP was really fun in R8. I think it is already more fun than any other game I've played. One thing that I hope changes before release is the free for all killing. People killed friends, and enemies, and well I think we were all just the same... We were all enemies, and some were more enemy than others.

This needs to change. We really need to have some kind of balance so that pvp isn't just a kill all style of play. The consequences of murder should in fact be serious. If you are a serial killer, shop keepers should no longer buy stuff from you, nor sell stuff to you unless you go to a nasty town where criminals hang out. There will be some player run towns like SLUM that should allow killers to buy and sell stuff. This type of town should be the only place a serial killer should be able to buy and sell stuff.

Also the guards in respectible towns should attack them on site. So the killer (PK) should have to avoid guards the best they can. Some cities might have guard posts at certain areas that make it difficult or impossible for a murderer to enter. If the murderer tries to attack the guards, they could win, but then the virtuous players flagged for PvP could join the guards and kill the PK(s). Then the PK would have to fight guards, and fight players. I hope the guards aren't one hit kill types like UO, but let them be good and move quickly so they are tough opponents even for seasoned adventurers.

EDIT: Also if your house is in a city that is protected by lots of guards, you might think twice about murdering people. You would then deserve to have to wait till you have atoned, or the statutes of limitations runs out before returning to your home, or run the risk of being killed by guards and other people, or you get more murder counts from killing guards.

This is realistic. One of the deterants of committing crimes is that you will lose your right to live peacfully in your society. For example in real life, if somebody pisses me off in the grocery store parking lot, and I beat the hell out of him, I will be arrested, and I could go to jail and not be able to go home and see my family... I would lose some of my freedoms. That makes me think twice about punching somebody out. If I hit somebody in the work place, I would lose my job. I"ve thought about it, but never did it because of the consequences.

DavenRock [MGT], Samlee and Lord Spaz like this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I could see how that mouse would be very useful with the current combat system. Is there a wireless version?

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I personally don't like wireless anything on a gaming system. Wireless runs out of batteries, what if that happens at the wrong time? What if there is interference?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Lord Spaz likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Your pixels die, maybe?

Isn't that something that's supposed to be of no consequence and an invalid reason to object to PvP? "So what? It's only pixels."

12. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

I use a wireless mouse and it has never failed me at a Critical junction. I monitor it on screen every time i open my laptop.
    I Pay Attention to my Battery Level. If you dont pay attention to your device, they will stop working at a critical moment.

13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Maybe you should eat human pixels in game then.

Lord Spaz likes this.
  14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

your keyboards are expensive... I've been using the same $4 USD keyboard for almost 10 years... good thing it's colored black because it's really filthy now... lol

docdoom77 likes this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

I want smack's all runic keyboard.

16. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

There's an app for that....

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

On the other side of this coin... I've never understood why/how people can/do spend thousands of dollars on a gaming rig and then interface with it through a 5 dollar hunk of crap plastic.

I've had nothing but mechanical buckling spring keyboards pretty much since there's been such a thing.

Yes... I'm a keyboard snob. :)

18. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I use G700 (wireless)
    "......you can continue to use this mouse as the battery recharges by simply plugging in the included USB cable and running it in wired mode."
    :)

19. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

call me old fashioned, but wired just feels more stable to me. It also seems like it would be more likely to always be very responsive, and there are less issues that can go wrong with it. Even if such issues are not very common.

Mishri, Khloec and Gaelis like this.
  20. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

A good friend of mine tells me the same all the time.....and sometimes he is right with that ;)

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.