Combat Deck Hotbar Stuck...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ookla, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Hello again all, im having a slight problem & i dont know whether its due to me accidently hitting a button or if it has to do with the game its self. Ok here we go. I have 2 online characters & last night both of their combat hotbars became stuck. Now the wierd part ison one its stuck open, as in when you draw your weapon & it pops up, but now its always there & it wont go away when i sheath my weapon, which is a problem because i cant use the other hotbar below it thats always there. But on my other character its the exact opposite. Hers is not there at all & will not come up when her weapon is out, which is all the time now, it wont let me sheath it, Which has caused her to become stuck in free attack mode. I think thats what it is anyway, because i read up on it & shes displaying the same control layout. In other words when i left click my mouse she swipes her weapon & if i hold down the left button it shows a 6 or 8 part broken line charge up cycle which from what i understand is actually different attacks w/each consecutive bar. But anyhow your getting the picture about what my problem intails. So please let me know if you know whats wrong or if you know how to remedy the situation, because as of now both characters are unplayable to me. Im going to go see if my offline chars are having the same problem. If they arent ill play them till i hear back here about it.

Thank you in advance for the help im sure ill recieve...:)

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't totally understand, if I'm reading this right on one account you always are stuck in combat mode, and cannot put away your weapon? (Default "Z" key)

And on the other you can never go into mode, except for having the weapon out. In other words, you draw your weapon but the bar doesn't show up?

And regarding free attack being stuck on, there is a toggle, default key is "R" or "T" I think. But check in your key bindings in Options -> Controls.

3. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Their not seperate accounts they are 2 characters on one account, i bought the extra character slot. Yes on one i cant go into mode, i can sheath & unsheath her weapon & when i L click she swings it, but the combat hotbar that is supposed to pop up in the center above the other hotbar that is always there doesnt ever come up at all now whether her weapon is drawn or not. An the other character, his combat hotbar is always out & showing whether his weapon is drawn or not, which means i cant use the regular hotbar because everytime i click a shortcut key, it activates a slot on the combat hotbar because when it is up, it has the priority. An in case it makes a difference, i checked & my offline character is suffering the same affliction.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Did you try verifying your files?

And if that's already done, I don't know but please file a bug report for it. /bug in the chat window and put it under Critical. I'll ask around also, sorry you're having this problem.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

OOops I was also responding to someone else about local files, didn't realize I didn't include instructions.

Steam files sometimes get corrupted, so if you are using it, try this:

Right click on Shroud of the Avatar -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Local Files

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Got two suggestions from people in the game:

Try toggling auto-attack with T. I think you've already done that.

One that's more promising is someone had a similar problem a long time ago and had to go back to the combat trainer and learn "Deck Building" (keywords) again. Strange but they said it fixed it. Won't work with combat trainers in the Outskirts.

7. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

I havent Verified them no, i didnt know about that & as of right now i also dont know how, lolz. But ill read up on it & figure out how &let you know & ok ill file a bug report to. Oh i also reinstalled the game after completely uninstalling it & deleting any remaining files in my PC & redownloaded the installer & unfortunatly its still the same & ty i appreciate the apology, but its prob no ones fault if not my own, things jus happen sometimes & cant be helped. But the important thing is being done now, which is trying to fix it with the help of you'all here :D

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

& yah i tried toggoling it on & off but havent tried the trainer thing. I shall go try it after dinner, thx again Vlad :)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  9. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

I R clicked the icon & then i clicked Properties, but after that there was no choice named Local Files. The choices were - General-Short Cut-Compatability-Security-Details -Previous Version. I did click each one of those but again, no choice named Local Files. Also how do i file a bug report again?

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You need to right click the game name within your Steam Library list to get the Local Files menu.

In game, type /bug to get taken to the bug forum here. It will load the template in your clipboard, so choose the "Critical" subforum and click New Post, then in the Body, PASTE (Ctrl-V) and a template will be pasted there to fill out.

I also suggest this is a big enough one you might want to email support for help. Support@Portalarium.com

11. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Thank you i will email support because now i have no Private play, its all Public & the reason i go Private is because i experience alot less lag that way. Also Steam? I dont play thru Steam, will the way you just described still work if i dont use Steam? If not let me know plz the way to Verify if i dont run Steam & ill head bk into game now & try to file a bug report...Thanks again Vlad for all the help :)

12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Greetings Ookla, maybe your second client has overwritten your settings.

Press Esc then on interface tab, uncheck the option "Show combat hotbar out of combat"

[​IMG]

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That was Steam only, sorry for confusing you. Hopefully the method above from Antrax works!

14. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Thanks, unfortunatly i did already try that but no help there either :(

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Hmmmm this is extreme and sorry to even suggest it, but what about deleting one of the characters (if it's not too far into the game) and trying again? You can throw their stuff in the bank and it will be available later, I believe.

16. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

Would it do the same effect if i just made another offline character & we tried that since they are having the same problems as the online ones? An say i tried the new online char solution & it worked, wouldnt that mean id have to start my other over again also to get that one to work to?

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I really don't know. Yeah probably deleting is not a good idea, maybe wait for Port to reply, hopefully the'll have a quick fix on Monday.

18. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

mmk...

19. Ookla

Ookla Avatar

ITS FIXED! I sent in an email to Support & i also made a new char offline & she was fine so i deleted one of the characters (she was new anyway) & rebuilt her new & she was fine. An i just signed onto the other char & happen to look down & realise his hotbar is ok now also, although my Private/Public is still stuck on Public at least i can play now, albeit w/alot of lag...but im playing again xD...

[​IMG]

20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Many game preferences are client-based and will persist even when you have characters on multiple accounts.
    That was a change made in R59 to prevent the world from seeming empty because of all the people in private mode. It was in the release notes -> https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...se-59-instructions.145349/page-4#post-1173111

I think it's likely that if we get enough new players (where the overworld and one or two towns will regularly split instances after 100 or so people) then they could be talked into bringing it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.