Combat Graphics

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by ☆Edelmann McD☆, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☆Edelmann McD☆

☆Edelmann McD☆ Avatar

Please consider to move away from the standard RPG close combat graphics (like the one shown in your game play sample). I really think it is time to come up with a more modern close combat simulation. One of the most impressive simple and effectives close combat graphics can be found in the iOS APP Infinity Blade of Unreal Technology / EPIC games. I hope so much that SotA wil be really different than WOW, GW2, and all the others.....
    Obviously you might need two different combat graphics and mechanics, old style for distance combats and battle fields, and close combat for one-on-one/two fights such as in the mentioned APP.

The close combat graphics and mechanics such as in the Infinity Blade APP would permit us to be for more interactive with combat guestures, instead of only pressing 100 times some short cut keys for the different skills....

2. HT062870

HT062870 Avatar

It should move far away from those MMORPG

3. Caledor

Caledor Avatar

I don't know if they can do it like Infinity Blade, since most people don't have touchscreens on their computers. Die by the Sword had some pretty cool controls for combat on a keyboard, but I don't think most people who backed the game would like that as much as I would.

4. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

I like the idea of gesture attacks for close combat over button mashing but does the Unity engine support this type of physical interaction between objects?

5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Gw2 is <i>much</i> better than previous games. But if you have something better, I'd like to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.