Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

combat ideas + gui modes

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by mike11, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

AI - monsters currently don't path away from AOE spells that I know of..

support to use mouse and touch to better manipulate the deck system. So that means dragging of ability to swap spots and also if you drag across 2 or 3 of the same kind or combos you can use them right away. Eg click on ability on 1 then just drag across the cards to "auto-combine". * this would require some fance GUI elements to indicate successes.. for example a good combine could give back a card or points or something

being able to camp at night + 2D map travel mode (such as Cartodude's map)

different GUI modes, such as for the OW (2d w/details vs 3d with 3d objects)

queuing in Cities for Duels in the dungeon (ie Owl's Head and Ardoris) /w betting

duelling with wagers

multi entrances to different city points + city districts

a card deck mechanic overhaul - basically use everything existing and then add "mechanic points" of several sorts

(edit extra ideas)
    I was thinking about how points could be made through the use of the combo and stacking elements in combat currently. It is something that could be embellished and made more fancy with a element of the style of wagering of choice eg. either a deck of cards or dice or something else like that. This would make the card gui continue in the sort of digital slot card game.. The idea is to make the dealing more exciting and doing something like that (meticulous crafting) for combat.

So I think a deck of cards is the best which would make the deck dealing things as important offshoots of the existing combat...
    The whole reagents is also very important and could have a gui element or visual enhancement

2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

The main GUI thing I'm most concerned about is having the ability to move the player status bar (in the top left corner) to a place where we can monitor it better. It's essential for combat, especially in pvp to be able to easily see what debuffs your enemy has given you which is harder to do if you have to watch your combat bar and look at the top left of your screen at the same time. .I feel sorry for people with really big monitors lol. .. I asked about this in the R18 post mortem yesterday and they said the guy who can change that is on his honeymoon but when he gets back this coming Monday they'd rather him finish getting books in the game first. . which made me LMAO considering how much they are saying they want to focus on combat right now.

I do like your dueling with Wagers idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.