Combat questions -

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xkhan, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I've been rocking a +14 Crossbow of Necromancy. It used to be awesome....but alas! I am fighting stuff now and it cannot keep up. Also some fairly random questions...

The long story:
    Deep Ravenswood, Ulfheim, The Rise (for the most part) it works. I have been sneaking into Mysterious Swamp and Ravensmoor and.....no bueno. I just don't do enough damage. The final straw was Compendium of Pain and Sorrow...the skeleton archers on last wave of first chest. I can't mellee them - I am full of holes way too soon...:mad::mad:...so I have to go ranged. I think i have 1100 ish in Ranged and specialized as well. I can do it - most of the time - with a heal pot and depending whether my water elemental dies early or not - but I am now thinking its my gear.

TLDR;
    Vile crossbow? Is that what I want? What about this Fiona Crossbow? If I wanted the 'best ranged weapon' I could get what would I be looking for? Do you use poison/ignite weapon?
    Slipshod something OR the Lagomeirthingy something?
    Torc and Daemon in Solania - is the tactics to beat them still jump when they do?
    Heart of Vrul - anyone selling for something closer to 50k instead of 90k? It's the last thing I need for my chain...
    Is there a cheat sheet somewhere that says when Lost Vale is open?
    Sword and Board - I tried this months/year ago....does anyone use this? I would love a shield but last time I tried it out I didn't do enough damage (not near enough) to kill things.
    Last question - LFG - I haven't tried it since coming back...is it being used? Is it helpful if I wanted to get a group that is killing the Phoenix/Daemon/Dragon?

Thank you.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Phaedris likes this.
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Necro won't help at all vs undead. Make sure you are using your defensive buffs against archers and don't let them get behind you.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

In my experience AL matters more than gear.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Fiona's crossbow used to be awesome with corpion poison but they nerfed it with a -60% poison effectiveness.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm not even playing the gear game. I'm using add-on/pledge gear and just working on making my avatar more viable.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Balanced. They "balanced" it :)

Barugon likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, sorry, my mistake, "balanced". It was really fun while it lasted though.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

To Answer some of the OP's questions:

Eating food makes a big difference. It makes a huge survival difference if you eat bear and wolf surprise and then get two of the combat/focus buffs regardless of your level.
    I'm kind of shocked how much difference it makes actually.
    if you're high level, consider getting one of the 3 day buffs. Some of those don't take too long to do and might make the difference.

Yes. There's usually only 2 full UT groups and maybe a fishing expedition or rarely someone is at Mysterious swamp.

Because most of the remaining users are uh... hardcore.... there's little to no low to mid level groups I ever see.

I have a deck with it but I mainly only use 2H weapons or polearms because getting things dead is more effective than reducing damage IMO. It does make a difference tho.

Yes. If you complete the lost vale you can get a crystal ball that shows when it's open (crystal ball is not empty). It's on display helpfully by the docks in Rifts End, and in my house on the table by the dungeon mirror in Brekken Bay (loc 4)

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The link in my signature has an app that will tell you when the Lost Vale will open.

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

But not if you use a Mac.

Barugon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You could build it on Mac, it wouldn't be that difficult. I don't have a Mac or I would provide it.

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah. This mac doesn't have Xcode tools installed tho. Plus I'm lazy. I do that for my day job, last thing I want to be doing is git clone and running make install something. <and then figuring out why it won't build>

Thanks for making it tho :)

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's written in rust, so you would just need to install rust and the GTK+ 3.x libraries. All free and open source.

Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  14. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.