Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat system r8 -- A Blast!

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Brass Knuckles, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

:p;)

Ragnabrock likes this.
  2. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

There can only be one and I'm it! :p

tekkamansoul likes this.
  3. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

That's what I've heard anyways: It not the size that matters but how it's used! :D

4. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

...And almost always was a lie :(

:D

Isaiah [MGT] and Mercyful Fate like this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yeah that's the stuff women tell their men to not ruin our egos. Oh well. I don't think we will ever know. There's the occasional cranky girl that says other wise, but she might have her own issues. So it could be true, or it might be bunk.

6. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

OK. We'd better get back on topic before this thread degrades any further. o_O

Kaisa likes this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There was something quite profound about having too big of a deck. Too big of a deck actually hurts more than it helps.

30 glyphs thins out the probability of one of your 5 card skills to show up.

Khloec likes this.
  8. Owain

Owain Avatar

If your hand consists of mostly slugs (heavy armor wearer), configuring a deck is counter productive.

9. abovenyquist

abovenyquist Avatar

I suspect that to some extent the focused weekend releases are intended to get everyone logging in at once, to help stress test the servers. If a release is open all month, a few people will try it here, a few try it there, and maybe not hit the critical mass they need to see if/when their infrastructure melts down.

10. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

If all the heavy armor people use a static deck, that still puts them at a disadvantage. Albeit a slightly less disadvantage. I see your point though.

Perhaps they can keep the cost for locked glyphs, but maybe the cool down ends faster with the more copies of each glyph the person has bought with skill points. 12.5% faster with each copy, so by the time you purchase 5 cards you have a 50% reduction in cool down speed after buying the first one.

11. Owain

Owain Avatar

If I have 10 cards I have available at all times, versus only a couple of cards at a time unless I invest a crap load of xp into the tree that governs deck function, I'm having a hard time seeing how I'll be working at a disadvantage.

12. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Increased cost in focus/mana to use said skills equates to less skills available to use during combat.

13. Owain

Owain Avatar

It's a trade off. A hand of four cards, two or three slugs and more focus/mana or ten cards and less focus/mana. I spammed attacks like a bandit with a fixed hot bar and never saw a lack.

14. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I'll take my standard deck and lay waste to you. You have to wait for cool down timers, and I will likely have mulitple copies of a skill and when I use a skill another one pops up in its place quickly.

A standard glyph deck is more efficient than a hotbar by a long shot!

15. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Also you are thinking with R8 logic. When combos come around you will be SOL. A static glyph becomes a NOBLE skill. That means it cannot be combined with another skill to perform a combo.

So the real deficiency of a noble skill will begin to show up when they release combinations. The skills we've seen so far are probably pretty standard damage, but a combo is likely to use more focus, but deal a lot more damage.

SO not only does the deck provide more active coppies of the skill to be used, than a cool down timer, but you can combine the glyphs together and create combos. That will be the deathblow to Dallas mode.

16. Owain

Owain Avatar

Greater balance needs to be applied to the heavy armor slug rate, then, else heavy armor will only be seen on display mannequins.

Kaisa and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I can see heavy armor being balanced to have a strength/skill ratio to decide slugs.

Kaisa likes this.
  18. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

See it the same. I have no idea why this combat system is used. I would prefer a system where i am fully decide which skills i'd like to use during a combat. Coincidence by the deck system feels not like an Ultima like game. Also,i prefer that skills can improve buy using them. Anyway, i think the general "feedback" of hits and blocks should be improved. I am missing that i "feel" the fight. A common problem of much RPG games. Diablo or Skyrim have from my pov a great feedback system. I feel if i hit or getting hit.

ByTor [MGT] likes this.
  19. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

At the current state everyone should wear heavy armour combined with an axe and root skill so invalid point there, heavy armour is dominant at this state!

Vendetta Beretta and Espada like this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think they need to reduce the punishment for a static bar via the focus so that people who need that consistent bar for what ever reason to be viable. However the people playing random or hybrid should benifit from no CD and multiple draws. Its a good system imop but both should be completely viable.

ByTor [MGT] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.