Combat visuals and sounds

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Timmy Vortex, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I hope there will be plans before release to make combat more entertaining on the eyes and ears. Right now it's a activate glyph test for the human mind. There's no damage effect on monsters or humanoids at all. The sound is absolutely not there as well. It's like attacking practice dummies right now. The swords you attack with are kept somewhere along the spinal cord for example.

I do hope there are plans for this and i haven't read anything about this yet (might be my own doing though)

Happy holidays! :)

MindBlast, Grimbone and Bob Kelso2 like this.
  2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I find watching the glyphs takes away too much of the action in combat, so I only use locked decks. If combat is made more interesting keeping watch on my toolbar for random glyphs would be even less appealing.

I’d rather the random glyphs be done away with, make the combo moves that are unlocked and based on 2-3 skill levels and have the combat overall more action based and you’d have a real gem. Would allow for easier combat customization. Make it so red abilities (usable, but not fully charged) have less effect than fully charged skills and have it so charging uses more of a CD, so it’s not like you’re ignoring your hotbar and just spamming what works.

Monster Hunter World seems too far away. ;)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Well i meant mostly visuals and sounds first though. Pure gameplay is a whole other story. Although i kind of derailed in my first post myself a bit :p But it had context since not a whole other things are very entertaining to watch atm.

Beaumaris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.