Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by EnigmaWinz, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

I love the new combat changes!! Thank you so much for giving it some love devs! I can fight while only barely looking at my bar now, just a quick glance is all that is needed. Making my combos is becoming muscle memory for me. This is what the deck system needed. Great work!

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

In this release I had actually fun fighting enemies :)
    If only it would be possible to include some feedback for the hits. It looks as if I am striking trough enemies. But maybe I am spoiled by playing too much Witcher 3 ;)

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I love the changes, as well.

I have noticed a few of the enemies are a tad easy (one hit skeletons, no damage taken from flesh flayers, etc) but it is a big improvement in fun.

I am still a bit underwhelmed by the healing potions... still not even remotely good enough to take over for healing spells so most builds will still all contain healing, which is sad... I'd like to see healing come from spells, bandages, and potions so there is some variety.

I'm also see the same common spells from the previous releases being used by pretty much everyone but I'm sure this will get addressed soon.

All in all, great work.

Heradite, EnigmaWinz and Jordizzle like this.
  4. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

I forgot to mention the sounds. The addition of the new sounds actually helps a lot too! I realize that they are still only placeholder sounds but they already help the combat's immersion aspect a great deal imo. Combat for me is so much better now that I moved house to Vengeance (Thank you Violation!) and will be focusing more on PVP now. I had a blast getting my butt handed to me yesterday by the people who have been PVPing already. Watch your backs though people cause I'm a fast learner :D

One thing I'd like to see worked on though is that I can't really tell a difference between someone who has recently attacked another player, and someone who was defending themselves. When I attack a player I am wondering if the Oracle is shaking her head at me or not. . I know this isn't UO. . but I loved how if you would attack a player you would be flagged "criminal" and were grey to other players until you turned Red to all players after a certain amount of player kills. The red vs blue battles were a great amount of fun for me in those days. I'd show up to the Fel moongate areas or go to Bucs Den, and see blues chasing reds everywhere and vice versa and I just had to choose sides. Yesterday in Vengeance there was a period of about 5-8 minutes where about 4 of us players were all standing in the area near the town crier and we were just sort of looking at each other waiting for someone to make a move. .I think everyone wanted to PVP but no one wanted to be the bad guy. .lol. Sort of an awkward moment!

Yes I agree with you. I really haven't tried any potions yet other than the ones they give you at the start but I would like to be able to play a pure warrior style character with no magic abilities if I wanted but the way things are right now I have to invest points into the healing spells if I plan to stay alive for very long.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Healing potions healing more than before is a good alternative for warriors who arent stacking intelligence or life passives. I havent tried the new ones yet but i liked them in previous releases before healing was buffed

6. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i thought healing got nerfed this release?

@enigma, fyi, you should keep your head on a swivel, i watched you kill one of thos plants in shardfall, i could have been a total turd and attacked you at that point instead of waiting for you to kill it and heal up, i wasnt stealthed or nothing, i was just sitting there near a rock watching you, if i hadnt been testing you would have ne ver seen your death coming.

Sara Dreygon and EnigmaWinz like this.
  7. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Ha! Good advice! Such is the risk of adventuring in open PVP areas! By all means, next time feel free to engage me! Coming back for intended revenge is not beneath me!

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Potions shoudl be healign for more with a logner cooldown than before, healign spells got nerfed. I thinkt hats what happened

Moonshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.