Combat...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Tailz, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

So, I have not had a chance to read through all the pages of posts but is there any plan to reform the combat? Card system may not be the best idea...? A random chance to get something you don't want to cast or use? Sounds like it would be tough to plan an attack and have skill vs luck in combat?

Lord Baldrith and mikeaw1101 like this.
  2. Bulivyf

Bulivyf Avatar

I think its a fundamental part of the game at this point. As you level, it becomes less of a slog too as you get a full bar of stuff to combo etc. Early on though, I just ignored it and had "Set" abilities until level 20~somethng.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

You can set up your deck for your preference. For instance, I have 1-4 set up for Whirling Blades, Thrust and Double Slash; 5 is locked Healing Touch, 6 is locked Coup de Grace and 7-0 are pot luck. The only downside is that there will be periods when nothing will appear in 1-4. Combat with red spiders when that happens can become quite touchy.

Bulivyf likes this.
  4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Or you can lock all the slots with whatever powers you want and don't use random draw at all.

Or mix and match.

Lord Baldrith and Bulivyf like this.
  5. Bulivyf

Bulivyf Avatar

This is true. I was kind of put off by the system at first, but the way its tweakable in terms of implementation and scaleable to the player's preference in how much of a factor it is was a great design move I think.

6. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

thanks for the info, seems I need to look into that a bit more... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.