Combating Raids & Obsidian Cabalists... Uphold the Virtues!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daigoji Gai, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

So, starting to see a lot more towns under siege, and my arcane ranger (note: bowmancer is a slur, and quite offensive thank you very much) is becoming enraged by the brazenness of these ruffians.

Before our very eyes they are aiding the corruption of courage into cowardice; love into hatred, and truth into falsehood.

This is no guild recruitment post... I am looking for other, active, able bodied avatars to join me in actively seeking out and putting an end to these sieges for the good of all in New Britannia.

All guilds, all clans, should work together regularly for this common good.

-Daigoji Gai

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

Bowmancer a slur?!? How dare you good sir! How dare you! The ancient and renowned order of Bowmancers takes umbrage at such insult to our good name. Bowmancers understand the very heart of bowmanship in a way that some mere dabbler in both bow and magic could never hope to understand! As High Bowmancer of Bowmancery I assure you that I will never sully the name of Bowmancer by applying it to you... ranger. Good day sir. I said good day!

-Jarikith Rivinson
    -Legendary Bowlord
    -High Bowmancer of Bowmancery
    -CraftLab™ Chief Creationeer

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Please count me in. Numa Vorlanos at your service, ping me anytime online.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  4. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

I do not know where to begin sibling avatar...
    To diminish your skills and study to "mancy" is foolish.
    The root of the word, in my humble opinion... "mancer, mancy" invokes power taken, granted or learned
    from divinity.
    I argue, the true study of the arcane, the art of true wizards, is no "mancy"...
    While popular literature portrays the wizard as an aloof stoner, I argue they are slandered while zealot paladins and priests are simply given power (yet glorified) by prostrating themselves to gods in need of attention. |
    THAT is mancy!
    True arcane archers are no mancers... we study the essence of magic like science, and imbue our uncanny archery skills with the essence.
    *adjusts his bracers*
    I apologize, I do become quite obsessed about such things.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Nikko and discipleofweb like this.
  5. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

Ahh.. I see now your error. You believe that the true Bowmancer, one divinely gifted in the Art and the Way of the Bow would need rely upon base magic usage. No my Good Sir, a true Bowmancer is one with his bow and the arrow in flight on a level that defies the natural order and needs no Greater Arcana to sustain him in battle. A true Bowmancer relies upon the strength of his draw, the keeness of his aim, and the fleetness of his feet in maintaining his range. So indeed you speak not of Bowmancers, and thus you are forgiven for your mistaken words upon the subject of my craft when you spoke truly of Arcane Archers. Who are definitely not as naturally gifted and marvelous at bowing things to death without hours of incredibly borin-- laborious study of dusty tomes as the order of Bowmancers.

-Jarikith Rivinson
    -Legendary Bowlord

Daigoji Gai and Cassyr Dubois like this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I am always looking to rid Nova of sieges.

7. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

When I saw the raiders for the first time I was like "Where the hell did all these bandits come from? Are those bandits I facerolled in the newbie area the same or are these all placeholders?" It wasn't until recently that I learned that Novia and the nearby islands are pretty much the only portion of this world that, for some reason, hasn't turned into "these things" and explains why there are so many of them. Novia is the last chance for humanity in this world and it makes you wonder, what if avatars appear beyond Novia on the already corrupted lands? Someone correct me if I'm wrong in thinking any of this as the lore may have changed from what I read and I've not gotten too far in the quest story cause the Love quest chain is borked for me.

8. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Absolute madness...
    I respect your point of view, and it has become clear many skilled archers are simply misguided and confused.
    My next great piece of scholarly literature written in New Britannia will be focused on ensuring bowmancery is placed on a lower echelon of the archery scale than arcane archers.
    I believe this is akin to when schools of study (whether religious, scientific, or arcane) split; orthodoxies and dogma. Quite fascinating.

9. Sway

Sway Avatar

i'm on it : ) however seems like the POT sieges often have Lich Mage and not cabalist so I run past them

10. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

I am a healer, and would be happy to assist. Janus Trask in game.

11. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Train it to the zone line so the next player in gets a surprise!

12. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

I'm on it! Just call me! ;)

13. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

The war wages on! You will all be summoned.

14. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

Oh. I understand now. You're insane. You should've said. As if someone who must rely upon outside magic to enhance their 'skill' in archery were somehow of a higher class of ability than those who eschew such in favor of truly mastering The Way of the Bow until the power of Bowmancy flows through them and Bow and Wielder are one. Hahah. Such madness you speak! Madness and insanity!

-Jarikith Rivinson
    -Legendary Bowlord

Kigu Starfish (Kor) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.