Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combos lacking Combo Ummppf?!

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Chrystoph Reis, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I always use combos and a lot of them are just meh. However, one in particular never really seems worth using because of the overly long cooldown and mediocre damage.

Titan Smash

Now you would figure with this name it would be a brutal combo... Uses Body Slam and Knockback to combo. While when it connects the AoE stun is nice, it's damage is typically worse than Knockback or Body Slam by themselves. The kicker is the cool down it puts on a locked Body Slam. It is INSANE, making it not really worth using.

Do me a favor... increase the potency of it to make it match it's name OR remove that insanely long cool down.

@Chris

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

I think the hesitation is that combos aren't necessarily meant to be more powerful and that there might be a misconception that a combo automatically means "better". Still, for 2+ glyphs, it wouldn't hurt if combos had more oomph.

I think Titan Smash's main strength is the AoE stun (considering that the others are single-target), not so much the damage which is counter intuitive when you consider what the name implies. If it was called "Titan Shock", I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, combos seem to be more for novelty purposes only.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Which is such a shame. On the up side, at least I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by using a locked deck.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’d assume they just introduced a number of the combos to have it in and working. With that in place, they can re-evaluate them and possibly update them. It’s probably on the schedule to go back and look at eventually...

Alioth and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I found that combos are just more hassle than they're worth.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Jaesun like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

I find use for combos all the time. I'll use Smoldering Shiv to do stack DOT with other DOT attacks, as well as Sawblade Sweep.

That said, Chris has said he believes they need to be more powerful to make them worth it. They just haven't done a pass on that yet. And combos also have the potential to create entirely new skills. So, back when they were discussing combos, they talked for instance of combining Fire and Water to create steam, or Earth and Water to create mud, etc. There's also potential for say spreading out a magic attack to more targets by using it with Whirling Blades, or to AoE by using it with a lesser tier AoE spell.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I believe Aang can save the world.

9. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

There are some useful combos, most are not worth it and the tooltips very wrong... Combos were a real cool aspect of the deck system in my mind - then the focus went to mostly locked decks.....

10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Me neither, although I do use a mixed deck. I would prefer to have a larger deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.