Comments on durability change for armor type

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Chiasma, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

The main reason to increase plate durability is for tanking. However, increasing plate durability does not encourage any tanking. Melee will still wearing plate and most mages will still go for chainmail chest.

I often play as a mage but I love wearing full cloth. We have a long durability punishment and survival punishment for full cloth mage. Durability damage is proportional to the damage intake. Armor on full cloth users break faster than mage wearing chainmail chest as we cannot use any heavy armor defensive skills.

I would suggest to have a skill increasing durability effectiveness while taunting skills are active. Or adding a bonus on shield spec or heavy armor spec for to tank skills, like provoking shout or some shield skills. The spec bonus can increase durability effectiveness instead of increasing the durability of all plate and chainmail.

It will also be great if some light armor skills granting mage bonus can be added.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I see it as another feature that bypasses the crafting system ...it allows Chris to implement his idea while at same time making sure crafters continue to make junk items. As he already stated in the stream ...he cant increase durability for items because crafters would put too many enchants on them and god forbid we make any good items.... I wonder if he knows theres a limit for that already implemented ...5 ench/mw max....

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Considering we are soon to have multi tier zones that will soon outweigh the max abilities we can put on gear i dont see why he is concerned with this. The top gear with more enchants and masterworks will still be underpowered in the higher tier. if not he can always scale to a higher level to offset this with out having to change the back end. 3mw/3Ench. are normal for high levels with some 4 / 3 or 4/4 if really lucky. 5 anything is extremely rare.

Highest level crafters and adventurers need to be able to keep scaling up or they will get bored and feel that the time spent is not worth the gain. there has to be progression and it has to be worth it.

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.