Comments on QA changes to Air School Buffs/Shield

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Apr 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris
    If you decide to go ahead with these changes please consider the following

1) I am concerned about the focus cost increase for Air Shield
    You indicate that you added this because there needed to be a cost/penalty involved in recasting air shield. I would argue that there are already two significant costs without the focus change
    - First: In order to be able to recast Air Shield at will I am going to have to use up one of my 10 combat bar spots. currently everyone just keeps buffs in a swap deck
    - Second: I am going to have to spend time in combat stacking/recasting it (this isn't insignificant in combat)
    (If anything please consider significantly reducing the casting time of Air shield if we are going to be expected to recast it combat)

2) Torpid Torment causes damage based on casting cost of spells/skills
    Isn't expecting someone to recast a high focus cost spell right after they have been hit with torpid overkill?

3) Fizzle Chance
    Spells in the Air School have a very high fizzle chance. If you are going to single out air school buffs and expect people to recast them in combat, please lower their fizzle chance to make them closer to buffs in the earth tree. (To be clear: I'm not talking about the whole Air tree, just: Air Shield, Air's Embrace, and maybe Dash)

4) Please reconsider the effects that remove random air tree buffs. (This will effectively remove Air's Embrace from consideration as buff)
    My concern here is that in order to replace Air's Embrace when it gets dispelled I would have to devote 1 of my 10 available combat slots. That is WAY to high a price to pay. Why would anyone use Air's Embrace if it is going to be dispelled and/or require a slot to recast in the middle of fights when they have two other choices for that channel that cant be dispelled? I think most people will just switch to the Int and Str buffs. (Zero chance to be dispelled so no need to worry about how you are going to recast.) I know I could add it in as a random tile but then its not going to always be their when I want it, and its going to pop up a lot when I don't want it, and it wouldn't be stacked. Why would I hassle with it?) This isn't even factoring in that Air's Embrace currently has higher fizzle chance and slower cast time then the other two buffs (Int/Str) in this channel, and Air's Embrace is the one that Im going to be forced to recast in the middle of fights...?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Recasting buffs isn't a fun, rewarding or challenging gameplay mechanic.

It's just a nuisance.

How long will it take for newcomers to find out why the hell their Air Buffs go down so early?
    Sounds a lot more like a random punishment which will hurt more unexperienced players than the min-maxers.

King Robert likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You don't have to use a primary deck slot. you can put it on an alternate deck but by the time you switch decks and charge up Shield of Air , you're probably dead.

The random removal of air buffs is a game killer for me.

King Robert, FBohler and FrostII like this.
  4. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

I consider the alternate deck swap in the middle of combat to be a none starter because of time and the focus from that combined with the focus to recast is really going to kill you from torpid torrent

Barugon and FBohler like this.
  5. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

You can clear torpud with purify or unicorn purity pots

Margaritte and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.