Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Commision free vendor: possible economy unbalance?

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Phiedrus Oliva, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

There is no way I'm repairing full plate or even chainmail in the middle of the field :p

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

But it used to... I suspect some players have whined (no offense) that they were losing their precious set of armors that cost them 100 hours of work (boohoo) so having them decay is innacceptable...

whew I put too much consonants in there, I know... again...

3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I was thinking more your weapon;), nekedness is ok on the fields, I hear?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

used to when?

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Maybe its because I didn't know that you could get the items back to full durability on a crafting table... few releases ago I remember having to shop for more player crafted items because my gear was naturally going down and lost durability too fast for my taste. It felt natural, now in this release since I know the crafting table trick, well I don't see myself really replacing any of my items in months (RT) which is kind of sad.

Also there has to be a good reason to switch gear even if the price is high, as it stands right now I'm getting so powerful so quick that the little difference better gear would make is useless in most PvE situations, maybe I would if I was crazy about pvp but in the current state I don't really see a reason to PvP even if I'm flagged... I mean its pretty random right now, pvp has no real meaning exept "hey I can attack you lets try it". And even if I had fun in the process I'd feel a strange kind of shame that the victor could not loot me fully, it feels unrealistic, getting back more gear used to be part of the fun in UO... I would go to all my favorite spots and never once I felt annoyed that I had to replace my full gear, and potions, and reagents, and scrolls...

Clearly UO wasn't necessarly better in that "I can attack you lets try it" aspect but at least there was anti-pk player towns defending themselves, when you saw the LLTS tag you knew not to mess with them too much or they'd find where you live and harass you, there was a certain pride to be allowed in elite pvp guilds too... here well since everyone can farm the game with oracle protection, the whole economy dosen't make sense for pvp (which is why I persevere about asking for siege perilous), adding a few instances where pvp is open really dosen't resolve anything. In fact to me it worsens everything... I get in the instance and I'm like... ok what the point, its free for all.

UO was in theory free for all but the reality that evolved was far from it.

I think its a fine balance to strike, items have to lose overall durability so eventually you get annoyed and change it, but not too fast that it becomes annoying and irrealist just for the sake of creating a item sink.

I feel the damage on armor is pretty well set right now, stronger monsters make you lose more durability etc... and weapons lose durability faster of course because well you hit things with it... I'd also hope that swords made of better metals will last much longer, another logical incentive to upgrade.

We're getting there, but relying only on that so players fund the player economy is wishful thinking IMO.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.