Community Hangout ~ Panel Picks Topic!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violation Clauth, Sep 10, 2014.

?

What do you want us to talk about?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2014.
  1. Taming/Training

28.6%
  2. Single Player vs Multi Player

20.4%
  3. SKILLZ SON!

6.1%
  4. Towns/Housing

24.5%
  5. Crafting

4.1%
  6. Adventuring

12.2%
  7. Questing

4.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Greetings!

I will be hosting our next community hangout this upcoming Saturday (2014-9-13) at 8pm Eastern, 7pm Central, 5pm Pacific. I will post a link to the hangout in this thread at least 15 minutes before it starts. I will have the hangout viewing link (via YouTube) posted here, in #SotA IRC and on http://AvatarsPortal.com a few minutes before we go live... I have invited 5 people from previous hangouts to rejoin us and I would like to get 5 new faces as well. Please make time! Additionally, if you don't like to be "on camera" but want to watch and participate in the UltimaCodex IRC (Official #SotA IRC) I will attempt to field questions there and get them into the hangout IF they are on topic.

Things to remember:
    • This hangout is not sponsored or run by Portalarium and is a community hangout... I host these like I would be inviting people over to my house.
    • This provides players a chance to talk things out and get their best ideas worked out before they are presented to Portalarium developers.
    • The last two hangouts were watched by Devs and during DragonCon @RichardGarriot said he personally watched the first one live and enjoyed it.
    Topic of the hangout:
    Unlike the last two hangouts I'm going to leave this one open to be picked. I have several topics to pick from but I want to let people have a chance to talk about what they want to talk about... so the majority rules! Topic will be picked prior to going live by the people who show up early! Please be here 15 minutes before the start time so you can take part in the "pre-show selection" on what the topic will be.

Rules of the hangout:
    There's currently one rule: You're basically being invited into my virtual home so please be respectful of my friends (aka, the other people in the hangout). Different views are welcomed and encouraged! We're not looking for a bunch of "Yes Men" to come together and stroke egos... these hangouts are great because there are usually diverse opinions and everyone is expected to respect those diverse opinions and present their view in a polite manner. If you cannot be polite (racial slurs, direct attacks or threats, etc) I will eject you from the Hangout with my super powerful Welcome Sword.

Current topics up for debate:
    • Taming/Training of animals/monsters (this would include companions and non-combat talk)
    • Single Player vs Multi Player (SMO vs MMO, how does Single Player Online and Offline fit in?)
    • SKILLZ SON! (What skills do we like, not like, need to see added that we didn't see, etc)
    • Towns/Housing (What features do we want/need in player owned and player run properties for Episode 1)
    • CRAFTING! (Can we make poisons? I want to see about that poison that Nob had...)
    • Adventuring! (Minecraft 1.3 anyone? Will there be hills? I want encounters on the overland map... you?)
    • Questing! (what is this... no dust? I want the big ! and ? above npc heads! ... but if you do this I quit... FOR REALZIES!)
    These topics can be vetoed by the group but they're the list I came up with after reading the feedback thread I posted last month. If we have extra time then we'll likely pick a second one and hash it out... usually we run over 2 hours on a single topic so don't get hopeful on two.

Everything said here is subject to change and I can't be lawyered because I don't have an attorney. That said. See you all Saturday evening :)

2. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Count me in!

Sent from my Tricorder Mk XI using Tapatalk

Ker and Duke Violation like this.
  3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is a tough one Duke. I picked Taming/Training, but those are all good topics. The truth is there is a lot of great stuff ahead after R10 is done. With the tough stuff like combat being fun and behind us, there will only cool features left to implement (it might be more like getting our hands on candy rather than many massive debates about this stuff).

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Yeah, I think these will be a lot more light hearted than combat was... which is good! I like light hearted conversations. That said, we are going to do them every two weeks so in a couple weeks we can have a R10 recap and one of the other topics :cool:

licemeat and Isaiah [MGT] like this.
  5. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

You can count me in. Would adventuring and questing be more or less under the same umbrella though?

Ker and Duke Violation like this.
  6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

A couple of them could be but I felt it wouldn't be good to merge them as having them separate allows us to talk more about the specifics people want to address... some adventurers won't pick up quests and some questers don't like to leave town! :)

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  7. Sciamano

Sciamano Avatar

I'll be there!

Duke Violation likes this.
  8. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

@violation. I have a concern from the hangout about nutrition.
    Heal pots alcohol effects. In most ways this is fine. Will there be a problem for full plate warriors like in fast elimination tournaments. Fizzle rates do not allow for heal spell decks forcing pot usage in fight. However fullness and alcohol effects negate being competitive repeatedly.

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I think combat has been hit pretty hard lately so I'd be happy to talk this one out but don't know if most others want to currently. I'll set a mental note to get it brought up in the future.

10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Heads up! This poll closes tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow evening is the hangout... vote now or forever hold your peace!

Don't forget... I'll be posting both the "join the hangout" link and the "watch the hangout" links here in this thread... additional I'll post the watch links on avatars portal and in #SotA IRC.

Caska DiFumarate likes this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There was some talk about giving different spells different fizzle rates from armor, so it would be hard to cast fireball in full plate, but much easier to cast heal. This isn't how it works currently, but that would ease some of this. Plus, the exact amount of alcohol in the potion is up for some debate; 3-4 large potions might be enough to start getting you drunk, or you might use smaller potions to be able to handle more of them without as much effect.

12. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I picked taming/training cause we have yet to see something in regards to these. It would be nice if people helped Portalarium on this via brainstoring/discussion.

13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Actually... If I understand you correctly you will be happy to know that fizzle is changed by armor already. Currently cloth doesn't cause fizzle but leather does... Mail a bit more... And plate causes the highest fizzle. I think we're tracking fizzle on the wiki for comparison but I'm not at my pc so I can't grab a link.

14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Agreed and that is the hope!

Seon likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What I meant was that types of magic would have an anti-fizzle modifier. Clerics in full plate could easily cast Life magic, but would fizzle Fire magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Ah, well last I heard heal is the only one that doesn't have any fizzle rate (that was R8 and I didn't test it in R9 so don't quote me!)... that would be cool to see types of magic adjusted so things like moon magic don't fizzle in leather and life magic doesn't fizzle ever... mental note for future "SKILLZ SON!" convo :)

Thanks for the clarification!

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  17. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Save me a seat :)

Looking forward to this one - If houses are the discussion - I already know that i wish to discuss the *need* for more "Rooms" in the houses instead of just one large rooms.

Although Taming would be a good topic of discussion as well - I would like a pet wolf ;)

18. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

I picked taming as well as I am concerned on how it will be implemented.

Isaiah [MGT] and Duke Violation like this.
  19. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I have a work event tonight, but if I can get out of there early enough, I would like to join.

20. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Taming For me , Just sounds like a fun topic hope i'm around.

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.