Community Outreach Program (Role-Player's Corner)

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Corner' started by Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Community Outreach Program

Our first project is to work on community outreach. When I say our, I am speaking of myself, Baene and Nirantae, and our [private UO shard] community. However, we would be doing the happy snoopy dance to get help from everyone, so don’t feel like you are not delightfully invited.

List of Goals

Sota Role-Players Guild - Done

Create a SotA Role-Player’s game guild. Instead of starting our town guild, we are going to establish a general role-player guild for the game as a whole. This affords us some very viable features:
    • An in game chat
    • An avatar title that makes it clear the player is a role-player
    • A list of other RPers via the guild window for help and transportation

Regular Events

Establish regular RP events at a consistent and accessible location. We have contacted Trevor of Bastion Point about perhaps using their player run town to host a weekly meet and greet and some classes. Bastion Point is toggled as “any” on the wiki for RP, but more importantly, it is the closest town to Soltown on the map, and is a direct safe path. Their town is also very well set up for doing the events we hope to establish.

Meet and Greet Started and on the event pages - Done

New Role-Player Center - In Progress

A secondary goal would be to establish a “New Role-Player” center in their town. I’ve not yet spoken to them, but I hope to ask if we can use a row house to set up a game/community wide location with books/information about all active role-play towns and guilds. I believe I can set up a vendor with books and lock books down?

We do not yet have any town or guild submissions for this location, but at least we have the building placed, along with a vendor and bookshelves. This needs help to grow.

Towns and Guilds

• Double-check all town entries on the Sotawiki to identify which player towns are intended to be role-play towns: http://sotawiki.net/sota/SotAWiki:Guild_roleplay - This has become un-realistic way to go about this. Need some other ideas as to how to get and keep the guilds and towns on the wiki accurately updated.
    • Work with town leaders to update the wiki with the kind of content role-players want to know: Who to contact, what kind of RP, what is the storyline/premise of the town, what kind of events are held there, what are the requirements for membership, active RP times, etc. I've reached out, and continue to encourage any town leader I see to update the wiki, there has been some success.
    • Do the same review of the guild lists on the Sotawiki.
    Next Steps

I think that in the process of doing this, we will get a lot of good ideas as to what else can and should be done to reach out to the following groups:

1. Sota Account Members who are role-players but have gone inactive.
    2. Potential members who have been waiting to see if a RP community develops. This is likely to involve sites external to sota such as facebook.
    3. The wider role-play community as a whole, reaching out to sites that other game role-play communities frequent, such as rpol.net’s off site game forum.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Summoning @Elgarion of rpota.com for your assistance.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just as a point of interest. Soltown (to my knowledge) is no longer a common starting point for all 3 storylines. Control points separate all 3. Which I suppose is a moot point. You still want a single, established meeting place. Just something to be aware of.

4. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

At the end of the starting points, there is a boat to Soltown, or is at least on the 2 we've done.

5. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Notes to Self:

After meeting with the team of Serenite:

• Outline RP classes for those with Table Top Backgrounds
    • Revamp Multi-location Campaign format for Sota ... don't forget a conflict resolution agreements
    • Establish Sota Seer program and Resource Wiki

6. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Dear @Berek

Would you please move this thread to the Role-Player's corner, but do not stick it?

Berek likes this.
  7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Done!

8. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.