Community Spotlight: Minecraft "Blocks of the Avatar" Server

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Holt, Jun 26, 2013.

?

Were you able to follow these instructions?

1. Yes, I'm awesome.

76.2%
  2. No, sadly, I am a homunculus.

23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiwald

Fiwald Avatar

Woah. Don't get me wrong. I did not mean anything negative with my post. I had no problem with the whitelisting or incredibly well made resource pack, but they are indeed things which hinder playerbase, but if quality over quantity is something you are after, then very well. I will definitely continue playing here and I encourage others to do the same. The more mature players are playing on the server, the better.

I honestly encourage you to keep working on the server. My post was never meant to be discouraging.

2. Holt

Holt Avatar

Thanks for the encouragement, then Fiwald!

Lots of servers starting out (and we are starting out) suffer from a phenomenon where people won't log on unless others do first. Of course if no one logs on first, no one logs on at all, no matter how many actually wish to play.

We implimented a reward system for time logged-in that gives you $ to spend, even if you're afk. We may up that amount and make it a touch easier to spend it on wonderful things to build with too.

As for the whitelist and resource pack: quality over quantity, definitely, absolutely, 100%. We're not about to get griefed and cater to people who have no investment or care at all about the playing experience we're trying to create. If that means its slower to build a player population, so mote it be. But I haven't even sent out a second Newsletter about it yet, so I'd not give up your hope yet, if hope you have.

3. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Great thread Holt! I wanted to vote yes, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to win the great title, HOMUNCULUS! :D

4. Trendkilla254

Trendkilla254 Avatar

This is Trendkilla254
    I have sent emails multiple times containing the required information.
    I have sent new emails after I received a reply stating I only sent Data.
    A JPG was included.
    I am also willing to allow for a Teamviewer sessions or Skype session to validate the information required.

Minecraft User Name: Trendkilla254
    Sota: Trendkilla254
    Email upon request.

5. Fiwald

Fiwald Avatar

Hey, did you abandon this project already? We haven't heard from the 'staff' for a few months and the server seems to be down. The promised newsletter never came and the server struggled with null-population for a long, long time. The lack of communication is rather annoying.

So, what should we expect from the future? Did the server just 'cease to exist'?

6. Holt

Holt Avatar

We are deciding what to do with the project. No updates yet.

For you, I would re-read your post and if you truly feel 'annoyed' you should definitely find something else to do with yourself. Perhaps a pay-to-play server with a 'staff' that makes money from their efforts would be more suited to your need for professionalism and structure?

7. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Bukkit have also experienced issues with the new version of MineCraft(1.7.x) also, this has halted dev at this point as it isn't even supported in a dev/beta build.

Info on that: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/more-information-on-the-minecraft-1-7-2-update.195138/

World gen code from 1.7 was required to take the next step for expansion into different worlds within the BotA server. My hands are tied, until Bukkit kindly get the lead out :)

Server will return to service shortly for all those who wish to still connect to our map using the MC 1.6.4 client from your launcher/startup tools.

Fiwald likes this.
  8. Fiwald

Fiwald Avatar

Very unfortunate, but good to hear that you are still going strong and that you keep an eye out for the forums. Thank you for the update! :)

9. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Hey guys! I really like the minecraft world here, and hope to return to it soon.. I've been out for school :( But will find some time over the Winter holiday for certain. I look forward to spending time there after the alpha release of SotA!

10. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Server has been brought back up where we left off running MineCraft 1.6.4

If anyone needs help creating a profile to run 1.6.4 just shoot me a message on my profile/conversation here.

11. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Holt Ironfell and the Bards of Poets' Circle Present:
    'Blocks of the Avatar'
    A Shroud of the Avatar Minecraft Adventure.

-- Now Running MineCraft v1.7.2 --

We have tested v1.7.2 through its dev release to ensure that the issues with stability have been reasonably addressed, we are happy to now announce with the release of 1.7.2 Beta from bukkit that the system and all plugins are stable.

New in this update:

1. A new survival world has been added. Midgard. This world is intended to serve a more MineCraft vanilla play style where as New Britannia we still wish to keep more themed towards Shroud of the Avatar.
    2. A global server hub has been added, it is called the Dark Path. It has been named and modeled after the Ultima VII Part II Dark Path built by the Heirophants. You can reach the hub from Lunar Rifts in all active and playable worlds, and will be able to transport your player between them. For example if you wish to travel to Midgard from New Britannia, find a lunar rift to take you into the Dark Path and then locate which of the Serpent Gate platforms in the Dark Path will take you to your location.
    3. New Britannia world building border has been extended further into the mainland from the starting Island.

Tips for using the Dark Path:
    1. Lunar Rifts at this time will move your player into the Dark Path.
    2. Find a working Serpent Gate in the Dark Path to move your player to another world on the server, including back to your origin world if you wish.
    3. Serpent Gates are not going to be marked, maybe they will change from time to time to keep you guessing...
    4. Serpent Gates may not always deliver you to a world where there is a Lunar Rift close by.
    5. Lunar Rifts can be spotted on the server DynMap which is easily loaded via your web browser.
    6. Select from the images below to save and use as your map in the Dark Path if you would like.

Dark Path Maps:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ARRIVING SOON ON BLOCKS OF THE AVATAR:

Poets Circle:
    [​IMG]

Virtutum Flore (Flower of Virtue):
    [​IMG]

Miracle Dragon and Mordecai like this.
  12. Ember

Ember Avatar

I guess I'm a homunculus because I took the backdoor and talked to AvatarAcid directly to get me and my boyfriend white-listed. :p

AvatarAcid and Miracle Dragon like this.
  13. Holt

Holt Avatar

You sneakthief.

Ember Isolte likes this.
  14. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Nice! I look forward to checking this out.. glad I made a lunar rift in our new britannia.. maybe i should make a road to it so more people can easily access it..

Ember Isolte likes this.
  15. Holt

Holt Avatar

There is an upcoming Community event planned for the server. Get in touch with AvatarAcid if you'd like to start playing ahead of time.

We're still at play.poetscircle.net on minecraft.

Miracle Dragon and AvatarAcid like this.
  16. Ziv

Ziv Avatar

I checked out the Blocks of the Avatar Minecraft server for the first time this week. A lot of work has gone into it and it has a lot of potential. I hope more people decide to come take a look. My Minecraft username is Zivkhepri. I hope to see some new faces (new to me anyway since I just started playing on this server two days ago.

Miracle Dragon and AvatarAcid like this.
  17. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Holt Ironfell and the Bards of Poets' Circle Present:
    'Blocks of the Avatar'
    A Shroud of the Avatar Minecraft Adventure.

-- Now Running MineCraft v1.7.9 --

Our playable area has been expanded!

There is a new area available to explore and travel across the world has been improved with the addition of a fast travel mini-map for major areas.
    [​IMG]

Simply use the Lunar Rifts to access around the major areas to get to the mini-map. The mini-map is also available to be viewed at the north western corner of our MineCraft Dynamic Map.
    [​IMG]

The Lunar Rift at Vanguard will still take you to the Dark Path where you can explore other worlds entirely, returning to New Britannia from the Dark Path puts you onto the mini-map.
    [​IMG]

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

As mentioned in the previous post, the border of playable land in New Britannia has been expanded and a fast travel mini-map was added.

[​IMG]

Additionally to that, I would like to announce the opening of Virtutum Flore(Flower of Virtue) Castle and gaming grounds! Virtutum Flore is dedicated to Darkstarr(Lord Blackthorn) and the reincarnation of his Virtue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inside Virtutum Flore

Throne Room
    The Virtutum Flore Throne Room. If you have a seat on the Throne, a MineCraft note block arrangement of Blackthorn's March from Ultima V will play.
    [​IMG]

The Tinker's Furnace
    [​IMG]

The Hall of Honor
    [​IMG]

Library of Truth
    [​IMG]

19. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Outside Virtutum Flore

There is a large area behind the castle which is setup for future gaming events.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chuckles Raceway
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dupre Field
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Smith's Run Arena(Jousting)
    [​IMG]

Dadalama and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status: