Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Compass toggle

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Mercyful Fate, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Thanks for the question, I'd encourage all those in this thread to "like" it so that we can get some more details about it from Devs this week.

2. Foobard

Foobard Avatar

I'm ok with having to buy a compass or do a beginner quest for one, but once it is in my inventory, I'd like it to be part of my HUD (if I choose).

For those who say look at the stars or sun, it is a lot more difficult when in a game than IRL.

I tried looking at the sky, but I was in Braemoor at night, which has lots of trees, and it was intensely annoying. I was spending a lot of time trying to look up, moving around to see the stars and broken moon thingie, and when I looked back down, the people I was talking to were gone. :-(. LOL

Edit: removed whining.

docdoom77 likes this.
  3. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

There are a few "quality of life" things I would like to see. One being a compass. The other being a map of the town or area (perhaps with just the permanent buildings, and lots shown as lots regardless of if they are purchased?) But I don't want to necessarily show where I am on the map or anything like that. But simply being able to get your bearings by knowing which building is north or south of the other, and a quick glance at a compass would go a long way in being able to orient yourself.

4. Pyro

Pyro Avatar

On that note, a Sextant could be neat too. both of these items could be craftable, and improve the UI respectively.

Like in U7, when you have a sextant, and are outdoors, it actually displays your coordinates when looking at a map (and if you don't, it's just a map). Same concept could be for the compass. As long as you have one, somewhere in your inventory, you could have an optional HUD piece. But if you lose the compass (death / loot / sell / otherwise) the option goes away.

foobard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.