Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Compendium of Pain and Suffering: sometimes the map is empty

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by uhop, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

07/05/2019 16:51
    Title: Compendium of Pain and Suffering: sometimes the map is empty
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? No
    Details: When I looked at the map it was showing something but it didn't look right. So I decided to trace my steps and as soon as I started to move from the book (exit) the map became empty. I went over all places I've been to and the map was always empty. Only the exit icon is shown. (I am not sure if it is the right place to post it. Please move as appropriate.)
    Steps to Reproduce: go there
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 64360
    GPU: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.1005.Date.07.03.19
    Area: Challenge Dungeon 1
    Area Display Name: Compendium of Pain and Suffering
    Loc: (-0.3, 5.9, -300.5)
    Debug: Q2hhbGxlbmdlIER1bmdlb24gMXx8KC0wLjI3LCA1Ljg5NCwgLTMwMC41MzQpfCgwLCAwLjcwNywgMCwgLTAuNzA3KXwyNzEuNjQ2MXwxNi45NjQzOHwxLjM1MDczNA==

2. uhop

uhop Avatar

Just to add to more bugs to the same place: in rooms with multiple waves of enemies they mostly going wave after wave but sometimes there is no next wave and a "pseudo-portal" appears, which is used to start the challenge. It looks like it restarts waves from the beginning. I played the same room several times and so this problem in ~1/4 of all cases. I don't know what was the intent but like in the bug report above --- it is inconsistent => buggy.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@uhop I'd have to check, but I think there's no in-game map ever since we reworked the entire scene.

Regarding the "pseudo-portal" (I assume you mean the ring of torches?), it appears at each room's start and when a room resets. A room can reset when every player in the room dies or otherwise leaves combat. When the room resets for you, is it in the middle of combat, or could it be that somehow you disengage combat and lose aggro from the enemies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.