Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Concern about Town identities

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Vanhailm, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D A Morton

D A Morton Avatar

I really do not think the game will fail on release and I assume many who have backed the game are in the same mindset. As regarding housing, it was a massive part of UO and I recall looking all over the place when I first joined the UO community and was over the moon when I first placed a 7x7 plot. I think housing is going to be a big feature of this game as people want to keep things and show them off to people who go into their houses. You also need a base for your own vendors and also stuff you have crafted yourself. You do not have to get a house if you do not want to! You are not being made to buy one to play this game. When the game goes live, if you are not lucky enough to have a house, then I would assume that more than 2 - 5% of players will want there own spot and will look out for them when they are available to get.

2. Last_Crusader

Last_Crusader Avatar

I immediately had the same thought when viewing these releases. Too much of the town is just player housing. I am hoping that they are able to build NPC buildings and towns like they did in the old Ultima games. Hopefully they will expand the core cities.

I think this is unfortunately the downside to a kickstarter backed game. They need to make the backers happy and player housing was an "easy" way to give the higher tiered backers an in-game reward, but I feel that too much focus is/has been on player housing which (to a lot of us classic RPG players) is just cosmetic and of no interest.

Kaisa likes this.
  3. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

I guess its a valid criticism, I just think its all a little early, its a handful of towns on an island, I do occasionally look out and think some houses are too obnoxious, like the wizards house, they kind of stand out too much and take over the aesthetics of the town. I guess time will tell.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That's all fine and good for those playing online etc, but for those playing offline or with very little interaction with player vendors it could be a concern. Though I'm sure the SPO players will see vendors of other players those playing offline are going to have a very empty world.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Where did you get those numbers? At 5%. just using the 32k, that means only approx 1600 folks will be getting a lot? I think your WAY off.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

well if you don't think it will sell many more on release you might be right, I think they will be hoping to sell a few copies at launch of the game.

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

This is not the first thread about this. I think to limitate what a player can contruct or not is not that good idea, everyone must be free. But maybe the same house can look different (material or skin) in one town or another. I also preffer that cutural style houses (oriental, viking, etc) should be restricted to their region but... I think that is not going to happend.

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I believe in the Deep Dive: Housing it was mentioned that , as of now, they don't see those type of restriction being hard coded. The feeling was folks spent money for purchase of homes, it wouldn't be right to enforce where and how they are placed. The feeling was that communities themselves could do that if they were of like mind.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.