Concern and Clarification Request on New PoT

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sir Tim, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

I'm thinking about buying a Player Owned Metropolis. As I understand it, to access my city, players will need to go through an existing Player Owned Overland Map city. I'm concerned about that and that dont really understand it.
    • Will they need to walk through the city? - This worriers me if the city I'm joined to is abandoned as I do not know the decay rate for Player Owned Towns.
    • When they choose to go into the tile will a menu pop up? -This I can get behind. They can skip right through to my city.
    • How will the name appear on the map?
    I also have questions about how the cities are laid out:
    • Do we get to plan and design the landscape?
    • Are there preconfigured maps?
    I'm having a really hard time finding these answers. I did find a "POT submission form : Guidelines and FAQ" which answered a lot of my other questions. Any help would be great... thank you.

2. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

There is no decay rate for PoT's however if you are worried about connecting to another PoT the devs have stated they will allow connection to an NPC town so this may be something worth considering.

Towns purchased post July 14th, after it was announced there was a cap on PoT's with overworld map access will not show on the overworld so you would need to go through the connected town which has the entrance to get to your town, therefore no menu will be displayed.

I do not believe the name will display on the map as your town would have no physical presence on the world map.

The developers are aiming to have multiple templates to pick from for each type of terrain so you will be able to pick the template that best matches your needs. It is possible to ask for a fully custom town however this will cost a great deal of money, think in the area of $15k.

With the implementation of the dynamic lot placement tool you will be able to configure the lots as you wish in-game, once you buy a town and it is implemented you will receive the lot markers and a map of your selected biome which shows the flat areas for placement in your bank. With the introduction of this tool there will be no pre-configured templates.

Hope this helps :)

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

If you have a look in PaxLair you will see the carts,boat and manholes that are transitions to our other scenes near the stone bridge. As far as i know there will be no pop up and they will have to travel through the hub city to enter yours. There are templates (more coming) that we chose from and we can add the lots to it (and more stuff later) ourselves. You can also opt for the devs to set it up for you and maybe tweak some features, but there is likely a bit of a wait for that. Hope that was helpful.

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So, I was unaware of this...

Correct me if I am wrong here. they are no longer selling PoT that you can place on the map but they are selling nested ones that come off another scene? Won't that muddy the waters of scenes/overland map....how many of these so called "towns" will there be?

Daygoth Pomerantz BMC likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

First part ist correct.
    About your question: no idea.

Jatvardur likes this.
  6. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Indeed that’s correct, PoT's are still being sold they just have to be connected and use other PoT's or NPC towns overworld entrance/exit. Portalarium have not given any indication concerning a cap on these as of yet.

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

They are making set town templates for different biomes, but I think they will work with you if possible to make a new template based on your design.

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Sir Tim
    DLMB, but this is the current info, also there is a hangout tomorrow try to get your q in there.

Players will have to walk through the scene to the access point of your POT, could be a boat, a door, a road etc.
    the name will not appear on the map/overland, no pop up window.

You don't have to connect to a POT but can rather go through an NPC town.

But there is a better solution, check out the player marketplace forum and contact Andernut buy a smaller POT with land access rights. Then upgrade that to Metropolis.

You do not get to plan the landscape. Port does that. You may request a feature though which the more reasonable it is the more likely it will make the cut.

The preconfigured maps are the templates, you chose one then if the dynamic experiment works you will get to place the lots yourself.

Please note that keep and castle deeds can only be had from pledges.

majoria70 and Atogrim like this.
  9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

...as many as they can sell, I'm guessing.

10. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Note:
    PoTs with land access rights are annotated with a yellow F (like that one from the Founder-Pledge).

Mata and Atogrim like this.
  11. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Where can I buy land access rights? I cant find it on the pledges page or PoT page or add-ons page.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It is the shroud of the avatar home page if you click home up in the right corner of this forum then when on the home page click the last tab that says store or highlight cursor over it and you will see those sections.;) The first pledge to offer land is the $275 pledge or you can buy individual lot deeds and houses from the add on store individually but they will be taxed in game and the pledge home would not si fyi.;) I hope that is what you are asking about, sorry If I missed your point.

13. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I'm not sure if that’s what the yellow F signifies. I believe that means the town was bought before the price was increased a few months ago.

14. enderandrew

Are you asking about getting your PoT on the main map?

They sold out of those and the map is full. You have to link your PoT to another town.

15. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Sir Tim, don't buy anything until you talk to Lord Andernut. There might be a PoT available with overland map rights available for sale from another player. You could also ask on the Player Marketplace Forum.

Jatvardur and Sir Tim like this.
  16. enderandrew

That is true, but expect to pay a premium.

17. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

True, but if he's planning to drop the 6k on a metro anyway, the premium on a smaller town might be more than worth it.

18. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Hm, i noticed the yellow F first after i bought my second PoT without overworld access.
    So, i thought the yellow F is a distinctive feature.

19. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Hmm... Pretty sure the "F" symbol meant you purchased prior to them raising the prices. :)

20. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

See Spoon's post (or Solstar).

[​IMG]

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.