Concise POT database - By SotAwiki

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Violation Clauth, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

We're trying to track POT data here: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Community:Towns

We have a forum post about it here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sotawiki-community.12733/

I wanted to bump this up because I feel like many have not yet taken advantage after hearing we have over 200 towns. WOW!

The wiki has quierriable information via SMW so all of the data you put here will be viable to future fansites, including your own guild site if you have one, for the rest of SotA's existence (and likely after that!)

The data we track from player towns includes some stuff that hasn't yet been made available in-game... who's the guard captain, what are the civic arms, etc. Anyway, check it out and add your town when you have time! :)

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Also, if you want your town listed but don't have a knack for Wiki formatting, don't hesitate to PM me or one of the other Wiki admins. We would be happy to help you get your information added.

3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Yes! I personally don't add towns without permission because someone complained when one of my best wiki editors did that before. Not sure how being on the wiki is a bad thing but we also don't want to hurt feelings. I don't block anyone from adding someone else's town but strongly recommend against it due to this situation. Town owners or members of that town with permission to post is who we'd request handle the posting OR requesting for us to post the town on the wiki.

Whispers: I'd strongly recommend asking Browncoat Jayson over Duke Violation because he looks better and smells better too. Oh, and I'm lazy :D

Cheers!

4. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

+1, and then add a million! SotA Wiki is a great resource, and the Player-Owned Town listing is a great place to not only list your PoT so that others can be aware of it, but you have the space and ability to share a backstory, lore, facts about your town, and advertise if you want to do some recruiting, especially if you haven't had the time or ability to create a site of your own! Take advantage of a free resource, and give Violation something to do.... ;)

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.