Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Connection issues... Could be the game causing?

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Toria, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toria

Toria Avatar

It is kind of strange... the game is killing my internet connection? If I don't have the game running, everything is fine. As soon as I start it up, I start not only stuttering in game, but my mumble connection goes to super crap and stuttering galore. If I shut the game down, I can speak on mumble just fine? Any ideas guys? Something I have set wrong? I know this is kind of vague... but it is what I have to go on?

2. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

no doubt in my mind that Sota causes my internet to disconnect randomly, causing me to have to reboot my computer to get it back. I used to think it was the combination of teamspeak and sotalauncher, but it isnt.

IT IS SOTA that drops my internet connection. reinstall the game, reinstall windows, run as administrator, makes no difference and those troubleshooting tips are a waste of your time and insincerely offered.

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

There are different ways to send packets of data across multiple computers... It might be that, until they optimize how they're handling their data, they might be stuck trying to send their packets as reliably and in sequence as possible so that we can play and test the game "properly"... that will make an impact on your bandwidth and your internet bill (depending on how the ISPs in your country handles bandwidth and pricing).

I'm no expert, but wouldn't that mean that your OS is full of security holes if an app like SotA can screw up basic computer functions?

I wouldn't run apps as administrator.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  4. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

if my os is full of holes, there's not a lot i can do about it, it's a default windows 8 that turned into windows 10 and it updates whenever it updates. everythings up to date. so.... i imagine a lot of people are in the same security state. This is the only online game i play that these things happen to.

i run as administrator because last patch, that was supposed to fix slow loads and errors and stuff. it's like every idea is both a fix and an unfix at the same time.

THE HENDOMAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.