Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzo9002

gonzo9002 Avatar

consensual pvp........ Let me start out by saying I am 30 years old I started playing the ORGINAL UO when I was 12 and I stopped playing it when EA Took over and ruined the game....( STILL MAD AT YOU Richard for that).....
    I didn't plan on ranting on this subject today but reading all these young gamers talk about consensual pvp made me kinda sick...... When I first started out in UO In the 90's I remember logging in
    and seeing a girl in full armor on a horse with a wolf following her and I was like WOW that's badass ... she was like come on lets go outside of town ill show you some stuff.... not 2 minutes outside of town I was dead and looted but that taught me one thing about that game Its hardcore and the biggest challenge you will ever have ALSO the most fun. SO I WAS PISSED LOL but I knew what I wanted to become in the game someone who could defend themselves from anyone in game.....Moving forward a few years in my UO experience now a 7X Lumberjack Mage Destroyer with my Castle loaded with Vanq Axes and my Brit Grave yard house stocked with supplies for my guild to destroy the competition I race into battle with my brothers in arms and we run into a rival guild out numbered 2-1 I NEVER have had these feeling in a game since..... the heart pounding RUSH you get from facing these odds and knowing there's still a chance to win. But also know that if I die... all my loot is gone forever.. UNLESS YOU PLAYED UO FELT THIS RUSH Please don't tell me this consensual PVP Is the way because plan and simple if you put this in the game lots of people wont play it WE ALL Want back what we had in the early days of UO no game has come close for me since I've tried wow I've also tried a game called darkfall which had a good concept but horrible management.............................. I may have got off topic but basicly what im saying is I Want my UO BACK THE WAY IT WAS ORGINALLY MADE NO SUGAR COAT HARD CORE PVP OPEN WORLD LEAVE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN AT HOME....

Thank you have a nice day

repka3, SteelPanther, Skalex and 24 others like this.
  2. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Net, Leos and StaticGrazer like this.
  3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Lots of people would love to see this, but after following the game development over the last year or so, I hate to tell you that there is approximately 0% chance it will happen with this game.

P.S. I know exactly the pvp 'rush' you're talking about... And haven't experienced it in any other game since UO either. :(

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Sorry to disappoint you, but Shroud of the Avatar was never to have been UO2, nor was there a time in its development when PvP was planned to be anything other than fully consensual.

FrostII, Beno Ledoux, Net and 11 others like this.
  5. gonzo9002

gonzo9002 Avatar

IF that's the case theres 0% chance of me or any other hardcore uo pvpers playing this game

6. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Other hardcore UO PvPers are already here, they can make their own decisions :)

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

All PvP is consensual. Consent is done in game and not at log in. Log in consent keeps people from purchasing.

8. gonzo9002

gonzo9002 Avatar

just saying what all the old school guys really want...

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Be well. Have a nice life. I hope you find what you're looking for.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Quitting doesn't sound very hardcore to me. Neither does attacking people that can't, won't, or don't know how to defend themselves.

I'm curious, if you're not going to play this what are you going to play? And why aren't you playing that game now?

I'm a huge supporter of PVP. But don't mistake PVP for random ganking of anything that moves, they're two separate things. And there's a reason that SOTA won't support that, and a reason that you don't have many options as a gamer looking to use that "style of play".

Seriously, at age 12 I can totally understand your attraction to open pvp anywhere kill kill kill. But at age 30 something? Come on man. Don't you see how unsustainable a business model that is? If not, go play Darkfall and tell me how many people are playing today on a weekend. What's the magic number, 500?

FrostII, Tedds, Aletharian and 13 others like this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You speak for all of them?

Preconception is the killer of the open mind. This game has a very unique instancing system to deliver a constant flow of PvP. It will be with players that enjoy PvP. The only thing that is not possible is attacking people that do not want PvP.

That generation of PvP is long gone. Players know about it and will not subject themselves to the game that forces them to PvP.

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

That's a pity. Your loss.

Consider. There are currently 37,000 or so backers. Upon release, how many will there be? 100,000? 500,000? More?

Lets say that there will be 500,000. If only 10% go for open PvP and full loot (if available - still being debated), can you and your band handle 50,000 people all by yourself? Given the way the game is designed, you won't even see the other players. For all practical purposes, you will have what you want, won't you?

13. Owain

Owain Avatar

Speaking of hard core UO players, were you on UO Siege Perilous? If you, then you might have heard of the Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB). The KGB will be coming to SotA, for what that's worth.

If you weren't on UO Siege Perilous, how hard core could you have been?

14. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Another PvP guy stumbled in, doesn't know what SotA is, dosen't make a pledge, dosen't know anything about the goals the kickstarter campain has set. But have many advices for the development of this game. *Sigh*

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

What's a shame is that "random pvp guy's" money is good here too. But it's like they have tunnel vision, if they can't be a psychopath in the game then they don't want anything to do with it. Richard must be very proud of this part of his legacy. :)

FrostII, Batoche1864, steanne and 7 others like this.
  16. cariac

cariac Avatar

I think like you, but I understand why the game will consensual pvp. At last, hopefully we can have a play with the full loot.

JasonDark, baronandy and Papa Woody like this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That is supposition on your part, unless you have details on the Selective part of Selective Multiplayer that I've not seen. If so, I would love to read it, and would very much appreciate a link. To the best of my knowledge, there has been no detail released on this subject, only that there will be a matching algorithm with few details.

FrostII, Leos and RDouglas like this.
  18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

"Hopefully" is the key word here. The most current design, expressing the wish of the developers, is that there will be no full loot.

FrostII, Leos and RDouglas like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I was pointing out that the current design, despite the wishes of some, does not contain full loot. Do you dispute this? I can point to references that support my position. Can you do the same?

Trolling is the publishing of controversial or provocative statements for the sole intention of eliciting a reaction from the readers. Corrections and clarifications of fact are not trolling. Should you feel that my post was a troll, the Report button is available for your use.

Also, slinging "********" as in invective will attract the unwelcome attention of the moderators.

Have a nice day

FrostII and Leos like this.
  20. Owain

Owain Avatar

Given that Selective Multiplayer functions that way on all modes, from Single Player Offline, Single Player Online, Friends Play Online, and Multiplayer Online, it would follow logically that they would extend the functionality further for Multiplayer PvE and Multiplayer PvP, and if offered, Multiplayer PvP/Full Loot.

As suppositions go, I don't think this is a bad one, which is why I am suggesting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.