Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Consider moving the Overworld Central Britanny building back slightly from the 2 bridges junction?

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hey folks,

I find it a little tricky negotiating the congestion around the two bridges south of Central Britanny on the OW map. From the south, going round via the east side you're squeezed between the model of the Oracle temple building and the sea. Going around the west by Britanny Estates.

Looking at the map, it may be possible to move the object just a tiny bit North by North West and we could all run around it to our heart's content without running into objects so much.

[​IMG]

A very minor thing, sorry, but if there is a consensus I hope my suggestion may help. It should hopefully not be too hard to move the object a tiny bit North.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Adam Crow, Elwyn, Brugas and 9 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And while they're at it, do the same with that mess of obstacles you face when you take the boat to Kingsport and try to move away from there on the overworld...
    It's a completely unnecessary exercise in avoiding fences, windmills, houses, etc.
    Make 'em all run-thru for Pete's sake......

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Adam Crow, Hermetic, Brugas and 4 others like this.
  3. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Or just make all the overworld buildings/town marker things non-collision so you can just run through them. It bites getting caught by some random building sprawl when your not even under the town entrance circle yet.

V/R Brickbat

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

To save having to sever and reconnect all the sewer and utility pipes in a city move, perhaps the bridge (south on the pic) could be moved a little left of its present position.

FrostII and Steevodeevo like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Exactly @Brickbat !
    Exactly............;)

Steevodeevo likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

It would be possible also to do wrap-around movement, so when you run into an object on the map, the game automatically moves you around it.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  7. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

I vote for the bridge to owl's head be collision resistant. That thing is annoying.

THE HENDOMAN

Steevodeevo likes this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Come to think of it, Ardoris is a bit of a bottleneck as well, but I go there much less so it hasn't pestered me as much :)

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, it is a tad cramped right there. I'm always bumping into the towers while trying to squeeze my way on to the bridges, especially after coming over from Hidden Vale.

It's like pinball without the bounce.

I learned long ago that you can just aim for the shore next to the bridge and hit E when you bump into it. But if you were going somewhere behind it, I can see it being a problem.

What bugs me is all the little bridges on the overworld, if you miss the bridge, you'll get caught behind the corner of the bridge and the shore. This is made worse because there's a sort of one-way fall from the bridge, so if you don't hit the bridge just right, you'll fall off and have to turn around and try again. It's not so bad with the keyboard, but I prefer to auto-run and use the mouse to steer. Then I have to make a complete 180 and try again, or I have to reach for the damn keyboard.

The Hendoman and FrostII like this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I agree with everything here. Those tiny little adjustments can really make a huge difference.

For instance being able to jump in and out of combat mode instantly was a serious game changer for me personally. The game feels less clunky now and I think small adjustments like everyone mentioned here would go right along with that.

Elwyn and FrostII like this.
  11. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

getting stuck when you just slightly miss the edge of the bridge is a pain I seem to have a few times a play session even tho it seems like it would be an easy enough thing to do.

Adam Crow, Elwyn and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.