Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Considering a purchase and would like some information regarding pre-alpha.

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Hienrick, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hienrick

Hienrick Avatar

Hello there everybody I'd first like to apologize if this post is in the wrong forum section, I'm new here and have little experience on these forums.

If I were to purchase the "Adventurer" pack for $45 would I have access to the Early Alpha right away, I'm very eager to pick up and play. Also with regards to the multiplayer and indeed single player, is it possible to construct a home or a shop that my friends and I could inhabit / sell our goods from?

Any extra information on the Alpha would be amazing, I'm sitting on the fence at the moment and wouldn't mind being pushed onto the right side.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you all soon.

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Welcome Hienrick! Early Alpha access happens once per month usually the last week of the month. I believe they are opening the game up for play this 4th of July weekend tho. (At least that's what I've heard). $45 will get you in tho!

Yep you can put up your house which will be seen by all on Multiplayer online and Single player online. You can set up shop in your house as well. Housing starts at the Ancestor level now. Further up the pledge tiers are rent-free vendors as well.

Hope you have fun!

3. Hienrick

Hienrick Avatar

So at a pledge of $45 I would only be able to play for a short period of time until the Alpha was opened again, or would I have access to the Single player portion of the game right away? With reference to the house building is it possible to construct your homes and shops in single player with making the Ancestor pledge?

4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

This is pre-alpha. This means that the base systems are being developed and players are encouraged to bang on them. Many details are not yet implemented. For instance, you can collect some resources and use these to craft some objects, but no skill check occurs and success is always 100%. Combat allows a handful of spells and combat moves but it is yet little more than whack and hack. The landmass that can be accessed is the Hidden Vale, an island. The majority of the landmass is not yet accessible. A player can place any size house for free, assuming you can find a free lot. Houses are usually wiped from one release to the next. Single player is no different with the obvious exception that there are no other players about. Because multi-player and single-player online share the same world, if all the lots get filled in multi-player, they will also be filled in single-player online.

In short, yes you will have an opportunity to place a house and share it with your friends WHEN the game goes live. At the moment SotA is nowhere near complete.

5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Yes, the play time is currently limited to 4 days per month (plus any bonus playtime we get like this weekend). The playtime is testing time we do for the devs to see what we can break and report bugs and problems with the game.

Currently there is no offline gameplay.

Single Player Online will be you in a persistant world of other player's houses and vendors. So you can still do your shop in SPO mode. Single player offline mode will not give you access to the rest of the community, so I'm not sure if there will be Vendors in that mode. I haven't heard much about that part of the game thus far. It would be interesting to know how vendors and shop work in offline mode, if the NPCs shop at your store, or is it just a shop that will sit with no activity...Hmmm good question.

But to further answer your question, you can put up a Row Home with the Ancestor pledge. The pledges are listed on the main page of the Shroud of the Avatar Website. Lots of goodies to look at and see what fits your playstyle. Some of us are housing addicts (raises hand) and are looking forward to setting up shops and crafting areas for the community and friends in game.

6. Hienrick

Hienrick Avatar

Thanks again for the wealth on information, I think I would be more inclined to make a pledge when the Alpha, or Beta goes lives and I'm not limited to a short period of time, work dictates my playing hours unfortunately.

NRaas and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

No problem! I'm happy you can see what is going on here. There is plenty of info on the forums and videos to watch. If you ever want to see some good stuff on the releases, watch The Mad Hermit's videos for each release. That will be the next best thing to actually playing the releases :)

Here is a link to the Release 7 video he made. Great stuff!

Mad Hermit's Release 7 Guide

Time Lord, TheMadHermit and Mata like this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome

9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Welcome, Just watch out for Darkstarr's Chaos magic and the Armageddon spell!

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia, enjoy!

11. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Welcome @Hienrick. Looks like you are in good hands here. Keep in mind that you can always upgrade your pledge later so if you are pretty sure you are going to be playing the game but don't know what level you want to commit to, you can always come in now at Adventurer ($45 USD) and upgrade later. This will give you access to the Alpha's when they open up.

Also, don't forget the Alienware SOTA promotion that gets you an automatic $20 upgrade to your pledge. So that will bump you up to the $65 Founder pledge level for just $45. And of course if you pull the trigger before July 4th you also get a 10% pledge bonus.

RDouglas, Lord Baldrith and Hienrick like this.
  12. Hienrick

Hienrick Avatar

I already feel welcomed into the bosom of this community, I thank you all for the information you have provided. The MadHermit, thanks for your post, I will look into the offers you have linked me to. I have also began watching some of your informative videos which are helping greatly with my decision to fully integrate myself into the ranks.

Another question I have. Would the benefits of a $45 pledge still be available to a higher pledge, for example the Monty Python coconuts, and title of Benefactor. Or would I be restricted to the gifts provided by a $65 pledge?

TheMadHermit likes this.
  13. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

You get the rewards from earlier tiers as well except the lot deeds. Most everything else stacks up into your pledge. So you'd get the Adventurer stuff and all the lower level tiers with your tier. It's kind of confusing when reading sometimes...I think I asked a million questions when I first started here :)

Time Lord, TheMadHermit and Hienrick like this.
  14. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

@Hienrick, if it helps, community member and Moderator @Koldar created and maintains a Pledge Reward Spreadsheet. You might find that helpful in understanding the rewards you get at each tier.

15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Glad to have you as part of the SotA family, Hienrick!

Hienrick and Celestial Knight like this.
  16. Hienrick

Hienrick Avatar

@TheMadHermit I've sent Koldar a message, I will post any findings here, just in case anybody in my position will be asking the same question!

TheMadHermit likes this.
  17. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

You are actually "pre-ordering" episode 1, and your pledge also allows you early access each month. And Yes, once they have your account set up you will be able to log in using your SotA site username/PW (I would suggest you do it now for Fri access).

Even though your "Adventurer" pledge doesn't have a plot, during alpha anyone can claim an open plot (even water lots), pressing the "P" key will send up a signal of any open plots, then just dbl click the marker/sign to claim or to see who has claimed it.

For this Fri, Sat & Sun it will be R7 so go over to "community announcements" to find the instructions/release notes, anything posted by "DarkStarr" is pretty official as he is the Exec Producer, but nothing is set in stone so make suggestions.

Welcome to the club, we are all trying to help...

PS; you can always up grade your pledge at anytime and make payments too...

18. Jimmy Haffa

Jimmy Haffa Avatar

Welcome to the community Hienrick!

19. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Welcome Hienrick.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Hienrick. ****majoria curtsies****So glad you found out about the game. I know I was.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.