Container issue

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by kagong, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kagong

kagong Avatar

have placed several small bags in crafting pavilion at Bastion Point , all was fine until a few days ago. My one bag labeled Leather will not allow me to remove any thing , says I don't have permission. All other bags are fine , just the one . Any advise would be appreciated.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

If it is someone elses property, they may have changed the permissions for items in the pavilion. If this is the case, talk to the owner and see if they can fix it for you.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Try and interact with the top of the bag also is the bag on the floor?

4. kagong

kagong Avatar

To Sorthious question , the bag is mine , placed on book shelf same time as several others. Only have issue with one bag all others work fine.

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@kagong
    You can view the permissions by right- clicking on the bag. It is difficult to get permissions right when depositing an object on someone else’s lot. If the owner of the lot has set the permissions to be applied when an object is placed, he need only pick up the object by mistake and drop it immediately for the permissions to be changed to the default permissions for the lot. If the permissions on your bag say “owner” I think that means that it belongs to the owner of the lot and not the owner of the bag. I’m not in the game now so I can’t view the permission options to be sure, so I may not be describing this correctly. Anyway, if this is the case you will have to ask the lot owner to change the permission back to your permission level (this is assuming that you yourself are not the owner of the lot). When you have access to the bag again, be sure that you set the permission to “private”.

If the reason for your problem is something else, I’d like to learn what it is, because I also manage a guild house that has other people’s property stored on it and I want to avoid such problems.

Sorthious likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

I posted a bug report about bags not being interactive.

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I understand the bag is yours, but is your bag stored on someone elses property? Basically, is the Pavilion owned by someone else? They may have changed the permissions that allow you to access containers by accident. In that case, you need to ask the owner of the property to check the permissions and make sure that it is set so you can access that container. Every item on a property can have different permissions, so it is possible that just that one item was affected.

@kagong was able to interact with the container, but wasn't able to remove items from it. It said he didn't have permission.

8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

This has happened to me a few times, when a container in my house stays visibly open but will not allow me to interact with it. So far this issue has always cleared up on its own by the next time I log on.

I think it has something to do with lag, since both times it happened the game kicked me outside my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.