Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Containers inside containers get emptied when moved onto property

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

1. Title: Containers inside containers get emptied when moved onto property
    2. Reproduction Rate:100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details:When you have a container inside another container, and items inside the inner container, move the outter container first to a third container on your property and then directly onto the property, the contents of the inner container go into the outter container. This happens also with beer, wine, and spirits casks, which is especially annoying because the drinks cannot be put back into the cask that was the container.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
      • Note: For the sake of better readability I am mentioning precise container types in the steps to reproduce. This should be the same for every type of container, though. I tested with different combinations of the following container types: normal backpack, island backpack, sack, large writing desk, small writing desk, antique dresser. I tested with different individual and stacked looted, crafted, and reward items (stack of amethyst fragments, stack of arrows, stack of dupre's duck stew, blank book, looted beaker, looted long bow, crafted fancy circlet, crafted cotton merchant skirt, Darkstarr Sword, firedancer shoes, cooper bath tub)
      • Precondition: You are on a property that you own or are co-owner of. There is an empty container on the property. You have an empty sack and an empty backpack in your inventory, as well as individual crafted and looted items and item stacks.
    1. Put the first backpack inside the sack in your inventory.
    2. Put a cask of mature beer or wine inside the backpack.
    3. Put any number of items into the backpack.
    4. Close all containers.
    5. Drag and drop the sack from your inventory into the container that is on your property.
    6. Close the container on your property.
    7. Open the container on your property and drag the sack onto your property.
    8. Open the sack. Open the backpack.
    Observed result: The backpack is empty. The now empty beer or wine cask, the beer or wine and the other items are directly inside the sack.​
    1. User Specs: I tried this in the POT Hammaburg on a lot that I am co-owner of and in the POT Kahli on a lot that I own.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.