1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Containers Within Containers Notice for Release 38

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings Avatars!

A significant upcoming change for Release 38 will be the refactor of containers within containers.

Once R38 goes Live, nesting empty bags inside other bags in your inventory will no longer be allowed. Existing nested bag structures in player inventories will be flattened to be only one level deep. If you had a bag within a bag in your personal inventory or bank, it will be now be accessible directly from the main inventory or bank inventory UI. This change was made in order to improve performance dealing with inventory.

Empty bags that were inside decoration containers on lots will be moved to local bank storage for the owner of the lot. We suggest that if you have personal bags placed within shared lot containers, that you either make plans to restore them with the lot owner, or move them into your personal inventory before R38 to avoid unnecessary inconvenience here.

Let us know if you have any questions on this update!

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Does this impact player inventory (which is a container)? For example having a bag full of spell reagents in your inventory?

I assume that as long as you don't have a second bag inside that bag you're ok? (there will be no impact)

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Maybe i missed.. is it just an item limit or a weight limit coming into play with 38?

4. Womby

Womby Avatar

I have a container that I have named "Containers". It contains dozens of bags that I made while levelling up. Am I correct in assuming that all those bags will move to the bank?

5. Lany Canda

Lany Canda Avatar

right....

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You can have bags in your inventory, and place items within them. You just cannot place a bag within a bag in your inventory.

7. Attenwood

Personal inventories will still have weight limits to function with encumbrance. Containers will just have item limits applied to them, not weight. Weight limits will also be removed from banks.

8. Attenwood

You are correct. The deco container containing empty bags will send them all back to the bank of the owner of the lot that container is placed on.

9. Curt

Curt Avatar

Bit annoying that can't have empty bags within decoration containers. But guess the coding cost to make that possible is currently to high

Chatele and Lained like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for making this announcement. This will give people time to reorganize and not be surprised by it like I was. :oops: :)

FrostII likes this.
  11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

BOXCEPTION

the box is failing...

The Hendoman and x_Selene_x like this.
  12. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

@Attenwood @DarkStarr

The down side is that we can not put our decorations like Christmas or other holiday gift boxes away, and Yule stocks. So will they have to remain out for the year?
    Is there any way around this like having a container for other empty containers?

Hazard, Caree Death and Lained like this.
  13. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

And why is a Broadcast Automated Phonograph a container, and can not be stored?

Spoon likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Solution is simple take a closet in your house stack up a bunch of Trunks and Label them Christmas - Halloween - - - - and then put those decorations in that specific trunk the only thing you can not due it put stuff in the stocking and the stocking in the chest.

It is easy enough to drop them on the ground and drag the stuff out of them.

So no you are right you cannot store a Christmas box on another box it has to be separate ;)

15. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can store them in the bank.

16. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

The whole point of having a house is so you can store stuff there. The bank is full of noob/quest items that can not be placed in a container.

17. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

Have to agree with Bushmaster here.. I've got tons of Christmas containers.. stockings, boxes... :'( I love being able to place bags, but losing out on nesting really sucks.

Moiseyev Trueden and Chatele like this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Gave ya all a simple solution, just have to make a storage closet - I know it sucks I have same issues but EASY fix

19. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

@Weins201 - Thankfully, i've got a basement I hardly use so i'll be able to store down there. Gunna look funky with 10+ stockings hanging & a tons of present boxes though! :p

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I plan on getting one of those... [oh crap, I'm not supposed to divulge that here, sorry].

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.