[Contest] - Royal Gardeners Wanted!

Discussion in 'Portalarium Events & Calendar' started by Cerus, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerus

Cerus Travian Senior Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Once upon a time, somewhere in New Britannia, a mysterious Outlander arrived.
    Nothing was known about his origin, a curious place today known as "The Otherworld".
    Nobody knew of his intentions and the reasons of his arrival.
    Nobody, not even the outlander himself could have forboded the fateful consequences of his arrival.
    Consequences that were to change New Britannia forever.
    He, who was one of the first Outlanders of our lands, is today known as Lord British, the keeper of Virtues.

On July 2nd we want to gather with you in our beloved New Britannia and celebrate a very special Event: Lord British's Birthday!
    (See the program here)

Inspired and amazed by the magnificent beauties, that the Community has built over the years in Novia, we want to ask you, the Community, to design the garden/plaza of Lord British's Birthday Celebration during this contest:

The Search For Royal Gardeners

[​IMG]

PARTICIPATION:
    • This contest is made for groups. it is recommended to get organized in a group but it is not mandatory.
    • Every group must have a group leader (it can be the guild master, but you can also choose to have a different trusted leader for this event if you wish)
    • The group leaders are to announce which members are part of their group.
    • At the end of the Event, the group leaders of the winning garden(s) will receive the prize for the group and are trusted to distribute it fairly as agreed with the group members who contributed.

CONTEST PERIOD:

The contest begins on Tuesday, June 5 and will end on June 26, when Portalarium will decide upon the best garden(s).

SUBMISSIONS:
    • Participants can submit screenshots and/or videos of the finalized Plaza in the <Submission Thread>.
    • Each leader posts on behalf of the whole group.
    • One post per participating group.
    • Resources cannot be reused for multiple gardens (one garden per group/lead!).
    • Helpers that tend to a garden may help others on their gardens.
    • By June 26th, each submission must include:
      • Location of the created place
      • 3 Screenshots of the place
      • A few sentences about the place
    • Updating your Submission is allowed at any time, by editing the respective post.

WINNERS AND PRIZES:

The submissions will be judged by their creativity, fanciness and/or originality.

The group of gardeners whose garden will become chosen "Royal Garden" shall receive:
    • 230 COTOs
    • 500,000 Gold
    • 1 x Stone Statue of your choice (Max. City Lot)
    • 1 x 2018 Lord British Birthday Cake
    • Exclusive Title: Royal Gardener
    • Host in your garden for the Lord British's Birthday party

Up to two other beautiful gardens shall receive
    • 115 COTOs
    • 200,000 Gold

Once the prizes are handed over to the group leaders, the event is concluded.
    Any discussion related to the distribution of prizes are to be discussed with the members involved privately and not in public.

Portalarium and Travian Games will not intervene in any discussions about the prizes after they have been handed over to the group representatives.

THE FEAST:

[​IMG]

Good luck, Avatars!

DISCLAIMER:

Since this is a value-based contest, a committee of judges will be formed at Portalarium and Travian Games, and any tie breakers will be resolved by the committee. Any disputes or disagreements in the community on who ultimately won will NOT be tolerated as an open discussion in the forums, but sent a private e-mail to support@portalarium.com. Anyone attempting to subvert the contest in any way is subject to an immediate suspension and/or disqualification from the contest.

Inappropriate or vulgar entries are prohibited and will also result in immediate disqualification.

Entries containing any of the following are considered inappropriate:

• Sexual content or references
    • Disparaging race, gender, or group of people
    • Drug or alcohol abuse
    • Death or suicide of persons real or fake
    • Graphical bugs
    • Depicting the state of the game in a negative manner
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE ENTRY PER GROUP, PLEASE SEE COMPLETE RULES FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS.
    VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    FrostII, Diego Mas, annie and 17 others like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Can a player/participant be in multiple groups?

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Hey, I recognize that place.

4. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

It’s a nice idea - however it requires at least one lot to plant the garden in. It would be great if either @Cerus or the mods could create a thread where newbie gardeners get into groups with property (and plants) can match.
    Also I hope the jury will not be biased against gardens that are not based on add-on store decorations.

Edit: Another elegant way to allow everybody to participate and enjoy home-ownership would be to set up a special server. Similar to the QA server every account could have the same property deeds & add-ons. This levels the playing field.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    FrostII, matsutaki, Jaesun and 6 others like this.
  5. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR) Moderator Ambassador

Eh! I know that place too.. looks very.. very familiar.. I am just giggling at the GIANT Darkstarr tower in the back ;)

Dinsoo likes this.
  6. Cerus

7. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

I wish we had more plants to work with - more flowering plants as well as grasses would be awesome. *hint, hint*

8. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Awesome, looking forward to this contest.

If there are any POT Governors out there who would be willing to allow me to place a Keep Lot Deed in their town for the month and help with the decorating. I am willing to go all in on this project. I can contribute quite a lot along with what ever everyone else has to pitch in as far as decorating and layout.

Another idea might be to form a group players for this project and go find a keep lot somewhere in one of the NPC towns not being used and use that location as our entry for the contest?

1. Send me a PM if interested in forming a group or allowing me to place a Keep Lot for the month in you town!

Sea Bear

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Ajumma likes this.
  9. radi

radi Avatar

It would help level the field if this was done on a server that lets you have unlimited resources.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  10. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I have deco'd very nice gardens without using anything from the add-on store. The amount of craftable or npc bought deco is amazing. They look wonderful. I believe this is more of a contest of the imagination. The field is level.

11. MelfromHell

MelfromHell Avatar

Or all the same-sized lots.

12. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

If anyone out there is long on creativity but short on property deeds, please let me know. I have several Village and Town Deeds available in my POT, Lake Cusabo, that I can let you borrow for the duration of the contest (I'll make you temporary co-owner). Maybe you'll win, and I'll have a lot of new people looking for property in my town. It's a Win-Win! Contact me in-game at Tiffani Saintonge.

MelfromHell likes this.
  13. Cerus

Dear Avatars,

the first out of three special events on Lord British's Birthday party has been revealed!

At 7 PM NBT, we will challenge the honorable Avatars, to show their knowledge of the Virtues and the Lore of New Britannia!

[​IMG]

In Trivia of the Avatar, you shall have the chance to win COTOs as well as other goodies by answering correctly to the questions about Shroud of the Avatar. We are looking forward to this first event during the Royal Party!

14. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Cerus Missing week 3 and week 4 reveals.

Datendrache likes this.
  15. Cerus

Coming soon, Applerust :)

Hear Ye, Community:

The date of Lord British's Birthday Feast has changed. We are going to celebrate it on Monday, July 2nd at 6PM Central Time!
    All other deatils, the closure date of the gardening contest, the feast program, the awesome vibes during the event (and a little additional surprise), remain the same.
    More details about the feast program will be revealed, soon.

FrostII, Elrond, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  16. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

Is it only 1 cake or a cake for each person on the team? Also does each person on the team receive the "Royal Gardner" title to display?

Rentier likes this.
  17. Ajumma

Ajumma Avatar

It was so much fun to take part in 2 Garden builds. The Keep size gardens are just amazing as are some of the village size deeds. Might it be worth thinking about breaking the competition down into categories for next time based on lot sizes or square footage used? After all a village lot is only the size of one of the many rooms/spaces in a Keep deed :)

Please add more creative build contests, really enjoyed it!

18. Cerus

Gardeners of Novia,

after a very tough decision process, the team is happy to announce the winner(s) of the Royal Gardening contest.
    Due to too many unexpectedly astonishing gardens, it was decided to elect 3 runners-up winners instead of 2.​

1st Place - Royal Garden:

Royal Maze in Ordinis Mortis
    Congratulations to Team Minerva!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runners-Up Gardens:

King's Garden in Jade Valley
    Congratulations to Team Mal Hari!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nocte Hortus, Royal Garden
    Congratulations to Team Hemswal Genis!!!

The Grumbridge Duck Sanctuary in Grumbridge
    Congratulations to Team Ajumma Kim!!!

[​IMG]

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this contest!
    We invite all of you to join us in Ordinis Mortis, as we will be celebrating Lord British's Birthday!

[​IMG]

J a i b y r d, Engel, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  19. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

congrats to the winners ;)

Engel and FrostII like this.
  20. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Well done to everyone on their amazing creativity,
    You should be very proud of the beauty you have added to New Britannia,
    Congrats to the Winners :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Engel and FrostII like this.
Thread Status: