Control Point

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by moxiepilot, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

So I decided to stand on a control point in Eastreach Gap to see what would happen.

It was exciting for a very short time, and then I reverted back to my normal game play state, dead.

What exactly is a control point?

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Enemies spawn in waves, some CP endlessly (superstition and sanctus Spine iirc), they are part of all Passes.
    Hard to do, i circumvent them. Just dont hit the red area.

It was planned or discussed that guilds / players can take over passes to make them safe for some time when they defeat all waves of enemies, bit idk if this is implemented.
    I'd say / guess not.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    moxiepilot likes this.
  3. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Thanks

Stundorn likes this.
  4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

They were originally intended to keep up regional economies by making it more difficult to travel (need group, not carry too much, etc.). The teleport scrolls killed all of that. The fact that you can teleport to someone on a list without them even knowing completely makes your friends list a teleport list with some of your friends too.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Icreasingly harder waves of enemies that get more difficult the longer you hold the control area. it is the msot difficult content in the entire game atm. After the last wave there is supposedly a chance for a unique boss to spawn unique to whatever control point you're at.

moxiepilot likes this.
  6. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

We have done Vertas for about 8 hours over a few days and have not seen a unique boss. Unless you count the spider as a boss. It adds a nice flair to the fight but trash loot. Has anyone seen a boss in any of the other CP's? Also, @Lord British, @Berek please consider putting back the chests in all the doors that open like the old days. Perhaps add one or two more chests at first and monitor the loot. Having all those doors open and only one chest is terrible.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

if its a unique spider then its one of the bosses. I remember also a named kobold archer (serpant spine), but dont recall any of the others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.