Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Conversations and repeated speech

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Ao Soliwilos, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I would like to see the natives of New Britannia stop repeating themselves whenever I mention a keyword without it making sense that they do so. This could be solved by adding a 'repeat' word which they react to if you want them to repeat something.

Me: Can you tell me about the undead?
    Enmar: They have stirred up and have begun assaulting villagers. It would be appreciated if you would send as many as you can to their final rest, and you will be rewarded if you show me the ectoplasmic remains.

Me: Which kinds of undead have risen from the grave? Is there anything more you can tell me about them, such as any weaknesses you might know of?
    Enmar: They have stirred up and have begun assaulting villagers. It would be appreciated if you would send as many as you can to their final rest, and you will be rewarded if you show me the ectoplasmic remains.

Instead of having Enmar repeat the exact same thing again, it would be much better if he could ignore the undead keyword this second time, and instead focus on another one, e.g. 'weaknesses'. The exception would then be if I asked something like "Can you repeat what you told me of the undead?".

Here is an example where he ignores the undead keyword and gives me a different reply:

Me: Which kinds of undead have risen from the grave? Is there anything more you can tell me about them, such as any weaknesses you might know of?
    Enmar: We have sighted skeletons and zombies, but they have no weaknesses which we have found yet. If you learn of any it would be greatly appreciated if you approached me with such information.

Alternatively he could just say:

Enmar: I am sorry, I have nothing further to add to that subject.

I hope this sufficiently explains my thoughts on the matter. :)

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, we hope to have this in place for R3 - it's already been pinpointed as one of the most 'immersion-breaking' drawbacks in the current system.

Umbrae, Lord Baldrith and Ser Alain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.