Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cooking stations take up too much room

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This has bothered me for ages - the rounded back of the cooking station takes up too much room. This is unfortunate because the cooking station is not only a crafting station, but also a deco item that any home could have. Since it stands so far from the wall, it is awkward placing it in a small room. This is especially irksome for row house owners.

I wish it were possible to push the rounded back of the cooking station into the wall. This would make it look like an alcove was built into the house to accommodate the station. Owners of larger homes could still place the station wherever they wanted.

niteowl57, Stevvcash, Hazard and 7 others like this.
  2. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Aye, PhysiX. I have no advice for cooking and butcher station, But when it comes to the annoying bellows on the smithy and smelting station, you can shove the bellows way in walls, Saves hella room. Allows them to be placed side by side and not kittycorner. Please don't fix that, been using it years. =)

Leelu likes this.
  3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well I think the biggest problem is especially at row lots that the walls are already the lot borders. So shoving the station in the wall might even result in an overhang into the adjoining lot.
    Wasn’t there some time ago even dev involved talking about smaller crafting stations as an additional option to the large ones? I guess these smaller ones might not offer the small bonuses but maybe would fit more into small corners.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Being able to resize these bulky monsters might also be an option. Landmark ,(yes ,I backed and played this one) allowed resizing and it was very, very handy.
    Do not know if it would be applicable to Unity though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.