1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] Corner ivy not placeable on walls

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Platyna, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Platyna

Platyna Avatar

Hi, I have recently purchased 2 ivy sets for my 4-story ornate greenhouse (no shopfront) house on a village lot. I managed to place all pieces, even on iron support beams (which I thought were the problem, as the placement of this plant set was quite hard), except the corner pieces - there is no way to place them. Also, if you rotate them, they do not rotate around the Z-axis, so I seem to not be able to make left/right corners. Another, lesser issue is that they have to be shrunk as much as possible to fit, despite the fact the wall space is a lot bigger than the ivy piece itself, so they should fit. To make a long story short - you are unable to place 100% size ivy on a standard first story wall space, which seems to be the same for all houses (?).

I am using:
    Linux boadicea 5.13.4-200.fc34.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 20 20:27:29 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux, Fedora release 34 (Thirty Four) with Nvidia M1000M graphic card (vendor drivers, stable branch), Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, 64 GB of RAM.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

as designed. @platnya, the corner pieces were not designed to place on walls. they are two sides and a top, to make the three sides of a corner. here is one placed on the corner of a 4x4x4 block.

[​IMG]

3. Platyna

Platyna Avatar

[​IMG]

Hi, this is surprising and quite disappointing, in COTO shop it is advertised as an exterior house decoration with it placed on a corner wall. The example house has a support beam protruding, but other pieces, including overhang ones were placeable on my house, so it is a logical thing to assume that such a huge protrusion is not required. And this piece is called "top wall corner overhanging English ivy" and in my house - Four story ornate greenhouse house (no shopfront) - I do have protruding support beams. In nature, ivy does not need huge protrusions to form a corner cluster - it starts with a leading stem placed on top of a protrusion, being secured by adventitious roots that grow into the smallest cracks in the wall. The whole structure is very stable, even on a small surface. To make a long story short, I still think it is a bug - either in the design (this design makes this piece unusable for most houses while it is useful for all of them) or the description of an item.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021