Corps piles and how to loot them efficiently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexandra Cornfellow, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

I think we've all been there. An afternoon adventure, feeling good, when suddenly we are attacked by a group of goobers looking to disembowel us. Our swords sing as we dispatch the multitude one by one, creating a pile of warm corpses at our feet. Let's see what these fellows were foolish enough to bring to the slaughter. Well the guy on top has some gold...take it...he also has a stupid 0/24 torch...we don't want that, leave it. The next guy, with his leg sticking out of the pile...click on the leg to see what he's got. Only a 0/24 torch...hmmmm...this must be the top dude again. Well damn, take the silly torch, we can dump it later. Now we can get to the second guy in the pile...

Has anyone found an alternate method of looting the 'good stuff' from a pile of corpses without having to pick up the crap that will only be discarded as our load increases?

I've taken to moving around during battle so that the bad guys don't pile on top of each other, but this is kind of a pain because I'm using keystrokes to move instead of fight. Any solutions greatly appreciated :)

2. Xkillerz

Xkillerz Avatar

We should have a loot all botton if everything is on a few meter radius then you can click destroy what you want to destroy and quickly press E for take all that would be the quickest way for now.

Nikko likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We do. Click the e key twice when hovering your mouse over bodies. Also while I'm sure improvments may happen especially with good feedback eventually you can just double click the item you want to pick up or highlight it and hit the e key but then you still must click the x to close that loot pack.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Alexandra Cornfellow

Hi @majoria70! Aye, but my problem is when I have a grubby pile of corpses on top of each other. Unless I completely loot the top goober, including stuff I don't want, it's impossible to loot the one below it. Then, I need to destroy said stuff in my pack later on. Mashing the E twice just grabs everything on the top corps. I think @Xkillerz means a button the displays everything on all corpses in the pile--I've seen this in other games.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I just spam the "E" key while moving my mouse in a crazy zig zag pattern over the pile of corpsEs.

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It would be nice if there was something like a discard button that trashed the remaining items on a corpse and removed the corpse from the game.

Nikko and Alexandra Cornfellow like this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@Alexandra Cornfellow . There really isn't a good way to be selective about looting corpses. The fastest way is loot everything and then delete items you don't want. If you have a Thumb-Mouse button you can bind it to the Interact Function(E Key by default). That way you can just spam the thumb button over corpses while still moving the mouse around in a sweeping pattern over the pile. Loot everything! Then, when you have finished open your inventory and use the Housing Tab to filter some items out. Unfortunately, the houses tab includes weapons/gear, but it does put things in a more manageable state. HINT: you can use Ctrl+LeftClick to select one item in the list, and Shift+LeftClick to select ranges of items. Also, you can select one item at the top of a list, scroll down and, using Ctrl+LClick select another item, then press Shift+LClick to select a range. I hope that makes sense! Basically, you can select multiple ranges within your inventory, then Right-Click on one of the highlighted items and destroy them all at once. I know this isn't the solution you are looking for but it is much faster than trying to pick and choose items from each corpse.

Alexandra Cornfellow likes this.
  8. Alexandra Cornfellow

Thanks @Sorthious, that's pretty much what I do. But I do love the idea of mapping my E key to the thumb or middle button...great advice :)

Sorthious likes this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

You want all the crap stuff because you can salvage it

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

As stated, the E Key will quick use/loot everything in the pile of corpses. To get rid of unwanted items, you can Ctrl-Click each one before you right click and destroy them so that you destroy them all in one batch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.