Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Corpses block spawns

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Umuri, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Title: Corpses block spawns
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?YES
    Details: One person can effectively deny an entire area in multiplayer, by killing without looting, which extends the time to respawn more than 3x or longer, since it requires the corpses to be gone/looted before the respawn. I say this while wandering throuh greymark and noticing i've completed two whole circuits with corpses littering the ground from someone before me. 90% of the spawns are disabled
    Steps to Reproduce:Run through an area, kliling everything, but don't touch a corpse, or leave one item on each. You can clear the entire area before you get back to start. This allows mass area denial and forces people to switch instance.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 980 Processor (4) System RAM: 16347
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8169
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.427.Date.06.06.16
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest01_Tier5
    Loc: (330.0, 180.4, 87.3)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Let me re-stress this.

Due to the fact that corpses block spawns and are now unlootable for way longer than the spawn duration to nonkillers, a group or very efficient single player can now lock an entire area out in multiplayer from others hunting.

By leaving their corpses, you might argue they lose out on loot. However their time to complete a circuit is less than the corpse decay time. When they complete their circuit, they loot the corpses they left, causing a near-immediate spawn, thereby preventing anyone else from hunting in on "their spawns" and forcing people to leave multiplayer for fpo or spo, which is incorrigible.

Whyterose Flowers and Aldo like this.
  3. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

I would like to put a vote in for the change to only affect Multiplayer.
    I play single-player online and like the idea of being able to skin and loot at my leisure.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.