Corven: Path of Redemption - Open world RPG inspired by Richard Garriot's games

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by MindBlast, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Did you see the dialogue with an NPC in one of the videos? If that's not UVII inspired I don't know what is.. :)

2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I doubt it will be the same story, no one knows for sure yet, but like you I doubt it. It is possible to do both, I just haven't seen it done or continued here yet at all.

3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I think I would prefer they give us a good single player in THIS game. I will have to give this other one a hard pass.

Elrich Skychosen likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This looks like it'll be pretty fun, although their website sucks really bad.

[edit] The website crashed Firefox several times on my notebook before I gave up.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Moderator

Bzzt. Thread cleanup initiated.

Please avoid:
    Personal attacks
    Disparaging remarks about developers, studios, or companies. We are all friends here!

6. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

A quote from a very wise man regarding the new Kickstarter featuring Lord British.

'Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'

Cordelayne, Xandra7 and Sir Frank like this.
  7. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

Thank you both for noticing! Yes minimalistic and close to Ultima 7 is exactly the goal!

8. Elrich Skychosen

Elrich Skychosen Avatar

I agree with the first part of your statement. When I bought SOTA my interest was really on the single player side of the house. I thought the online experience would be different. I thought the single avatar focused quest would be on the single player side and the MMO side would be more like dropping you into a world, with a “hey go figure it out” vibe like UO. Instead we all play the single player version online. How can all these avatars return the same neckless to the same refugee in Soltown? I get quests in MMO’s but was never fond of how they handle. Like, here’s a single player game in a mass multiplayer game...but I digress.
    For me I’m still hoping. I thought SotA was going to be the full package best of both worlds but I still wanna play a modern single player experience so they’ll still get my money provided the finished product gives me what I want.

Bedawyn likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

When I first got UVII I played that game for 36 hours straight.. minus time to eat, shower and 1 hour for ST:TNG. :) So I'm already really looking forward to this one.

10. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Who?

Bedawyn and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  11. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

While I'd still prefer to see a single-player experience in this game, I think we have to be realistic.

Chris' streams have talked a lot recently about upcoming collaborations with other games, and specifically about hoping players dissatisfied with the direction of SotA will go instead to those other games. It seems to me that Catnip has finally made a committed decision about what audience they want to target, and that can only help SotA overall.

Unfortunately for me (and some of you), I don't think we're in that target audience. The fact that they removed selective multiplayer and have followed that up by avoiding/ignoring questions and concerns related to the single-player experience, while the one offline question I heard him answer amounted to an evasive version of "it's not going to get any worse than it currently is", compared to the amount of time spent on multiplayer concerns ... even the things like RAIDs that they're not currrently working on at least get an occasional "we're aware, we want to do it, just can't get to it yet" compared to utter silence on singleplayer concerns... tells me that they want to be a standard MMO, not the best of both worlds that some of us had hoped for.

Corven is focusing on the single-player experience, and I think that draws a pretty clear distinction between the two games, so that they are not in competition with each other, because they're going for different markets. I wouldn't be surprised if Corven ends up being one of those spotlighted games Catnip wants to collaborate with -- and wants to shove us off onto.

12. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

For clarity's sake: Mod(s) have combined the recent thread (titled something like "Lord British in new game") with a necrothread. It's rather startling to see your name listed on the New Posts page as the most recent commenter on a thread you KNOW you never replied to....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  13. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Moderator

Bzzt error: my bad

Meant to inform of that here and got sidetracked!

Sentinel2 and Bedawyn like this.
  14. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

I clarified it in here, on massivelyOP and on twitter immediately. The fake news that Richard is leaving SotA for Corven are of course untrue.
    It is sad, that Richard's kindness, letting us use Lord British in our game and helping out with the storyline, caused this negativity. Please do not believe the few people who use those extremely positive news to spread false rumors.
    I just added a news post on our site to clarify this once more:
    http://www.lycantic.com/lord-british-in-corven-additional-info/
    @Chris @DarkStarr

15. oplek

oplek Avatar

I keep seeing this rebutted, but I've yet to see anyone (at leas seriously) make that claim, let alone "news".

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Sadly it was there.. you missed it. There was a least one post here. It has since been removed.

Sentinel2 and CorvenPOR like this.
  17. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Moderator

Greetings avatars. Lets try to keep this discussion about Corven on topic!

Thanks!

Paladin Michael and CorvenPOR like this.
  18. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

Peeking through the window
    [​IMG]

Cordelayne and Paladin Michael like this.
  19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Avatar

Any news, Corven? :)

Cordelayne and CorvenPOR like this.
  20. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

Cordelayne and Paladin Michael like this.