Corven Trailer

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by CorvenPOR, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

It was Lord Darkmoon. His Avatar picture was Spiderman, if I remember right. He is a german journalist writing for a pc magazine.
    He always gave feedback about better story and tried to receive a more Ultimalike storytelling.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

So funny how negative news brings out so many posters :) Don't be mad at video games guys! The world is crazy enough right now. Let's learn from the past and keep our amazing hobby positive!

Anyway, the initial campaign had some flaws with the rewards levels, but once backed they can not be changed (we wanted to improve them). We also saw that we might fall short of the 45k goal. So we decided to start a new, better campaign right away.

It is live now and 50% funded:

Better physical reward levels and a new demo!

Check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1782768871/corven-path-of-redemption-0

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Instead of $20 from me you now got $25. Grab a lunch on me with the extra $5. :)

CorvenPOR likes this.
  4. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

5. Nick

Nick Avatar

CorvenPOR likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

CorvenPOR likes this.
  7. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

Hi!
    We recently reached the first stretch goal! Only 9 days left now. Please consider supporting us on Kickstarter. Thank you!

We just released a new version of the demo (v1.2). It now includes a complete German translation. Done by "Sir John" who translated Ultima VII and Serpent Isle. Check it out on our demo page.

German examples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

Spiderman? :D It was The Guardian from Ultima VII.

And yes it is the same Darkmoon in Corven.

Don't be fooled Bowen. There was no Demo in 2016 (I wish lol) , there never was a demo before now, 2020. As a matter of fact, we started to develop Corven in Unity in 2017 and so far I put about 10k of my personal money in it. I have no clue what some people are talking about. I do know however that I worked every single day of every single week for many many months to make Corven what is now. Fully playable, not just some fancy screenshots or nice art like some others do, which would have been, of course WAY WAAAY easier.

Creating something fully playable is a LOT of work and not easy at all - else everyone would do it. My thought was: Nobody knows what we can do, so why should they trust us? The only thing that can build trust in a new indie team is an actual small game, which the demo is. We did it and many people still rather troll on forums calling it shady :) While they pump thousands or even millions in projects which have not shown anything playable for years *shrug* (see Chronicles of Elyria). There is nothing you can do about it really.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Paladin Michael, Cordelayne and Nick like this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Kinda figured. Why I asked the question when I knew the answer would be no. :)

CorvenPOR likes this.
  10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I'm sorry, as English is not my first language. Perhaps I should have used the word trailer as it says on this video
    My apologies keep up the hard work!

11. CorvenPOR

CorvenPOR Avatar

Yeah this is not a demo but a video, from the old Unreal version. It has not much to do with the new Unity version (I built both from the ground up). There is no single quest, no dungeon, no enemy no nothing in the old Unreal video (again, not a demo) - but all of that is in the playable demo now :)

The demo we have now you can PLAY
    Play the demo! :) Here, download it: http://www.lycantic.com/corven-kickstarter-demo/

Let's say even IF this was the same thing (which it isn't), what's wrong with working on the game for years and making something you can play BEFORE we do a Kickstarter? You complained you have seen it 3 years ago. 3 years ago I could have told you about some fantasy project. Now I can SHOW you what it is. Isn't that better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.