Cosmetic Gear, salvaging and patterns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimsley, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Im trying to wrap my head around cosmetic gear.

So I have some in my rewards, I can wear them, they dont offer much for protection, or according to the description I can salvage them for an eternal pattern.

so, with this pattern I can craft this item with better stats? Or does it apply itself to ..something else I craft?
    does the pattern have to match the item? ie. heavy armor can only be used on heavy armor, polearm can only be used on a polearm.

also, what is an "eternal" pattern? Im assuming once I use it on an item..somehow.. I can keep creating and salvaging the item and never lose the pattern?

also, if i want to apply patterns..I need to be able to craft something specific to that pattern?

sorry, i just want to use cosmetic items on my plane looking gear. I also want to upgrade my gear from what im currently wearing but would like to apply its appearance to something new.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you salvage the item, you'll get an eternal pattern. There's no going back, so be sure this is what you want to do.

Once you have the pattern, you can reshape a like item. For instance, say your pattern is for a leather chest armor piece, you can reshape any crafted leather chest armor piece to look just like it.

If you reshape that same armor piece again with another pattern or you salvage it then you'll get your eternal pattern back.

Jaesun and Grimsley like this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

But... not ALL of the cosmetic stuff does drop Eternal Patterns, is that right? I keep looking at Crown Shop stuff that looks appealing, but it doesn't SAY anything about an Eternal Pattern in the description, so I'm hesitant to buy it.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the store text description, or the actual mouseover you can pull up by mousing over the items icon just below the screenshot? not surprised if some store descriptions are a bit vague, but it should always be in gold at the bottom of the pop-up box.

[​IMG]

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Ah, yes, that would be the mouseover that DOESN'T SHOW UP if you have inventory tooltips turned off, and that I would never have thought to look for. Thanks!

Jaesun, Barugon and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I do wish some craftable gear, and even some of the cooler looking artifacts, had patterns. There's no other visual like the bucket helm, for example, and you can't salvage a pattern because it's crafted.

Make it a crafting solution! Combine a few waxes to make a blank, then combine that with a sheet of paper, ink, and the item. You get the item back plus a pattern. Profit.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

thanks everyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.