Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

COTO Repair -> How to tell how many times previously repaired when buying used?

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Arcadeguy, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hiyas,

With the new system of COTOs repairing a reducing percentage of permanent durability to an item each time it's done, is there going to be any way to tell what stage an item is at when buying one?

I'm sure this is a problem for 6 months down the road but it'd be nice to get ahead of this. If I'm buying a +14 armor set for $$$$$ it'd be really nice to know if I'm going to need 1 COTO to repair or 5+ when it gets decayed. :(

Maybe a COTO Repair Percentage added to weapons/armor (CR%)?

Tahru and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

In other thread, he said there would definitly be a tag or an indicator, for what repair is at. i didnt see how it was implemented yet though.

Tahru and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

If you hover over your armor/weopon and hold CtRL there is an item that tracks the COTO repairs right under the durability.

But also, this has been a little confusing but it will not cost you more COtO's to repair, it will always cost one. But for each repair with a COTO you will get less back in the maximum durability of the item.

So first COTO repair you can get 100% of the max durability back
    2nd only gives a percentage of the max back and so on.

Not sure on the exact numbers they are outlined somewhere but from my understanding all COTO repairs will still cost 1 but what they give decreases with each repair.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

[Includes New] Obsidian Crowns are highly sought after relics, though almost any creature in the world has a small chance of yielding one up when slain. Placing any Obsidian Crown on the crafting table with an item and hitting Repair will restore an amount of maximum durability and the highest possible current durability to the item. The amount of maximum durability restored is initially high, but each additional repair will reduced the amount restored. The first repair restores 100%, the second restores 66%, the third 50%, then 40%, then 33%, and so on. By the twentieth repair, only 10 points will be restored to the item’s maximum durability. The Crown is consumed by the repair process. This requires no repair skill to perform.

The big question is is it remembering the max durability from original state?

The numbers are all BS since if oyu enchant and master works and item it goes down to the 50s 60 % is 40 max - then 25 - - true items now break Yeah but how fast and of course . . . .

With this system players who use them the most are going to lose them first and then they will adjust so for once those power gamers might get the short end :)

FrostII and Toadster like this.
  5. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Ok, thanks. Yes I see the "Major Repairs: 0" indicator cursoring over an item and holding Control key.

6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

my question is:
    [​IMG]

1) this sword with durability 63 do the SAME DAMAGE of a full repaired (78 of 90) one ?
    2) this sword with durability 10 do the SAME DAMAGE of a full repaired (78 of 90) one ?
    3) this sword with durability 78 do the SAME DAMAGE of a new (90) one ?

uhop likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Gatsu. and FrostII like this.
  8. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

there is a link to tests/developers words/discussions about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.