1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

COTO Store - Try it before buy it

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warius, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

I know there's the QA server but it's painfully anoying to install it via steam, and a bit less without steam (plus you can't try craftable items without crafting them).

So, it would be nice to have some kind of "right of withdrawal" with the Crown of the Obsidian Store items. Like a "5 min trial" while you can try the item, see how it looks with your current gear and decide to keep it or not.

Thanks!

Lilith Ayin and FBohler like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You are aware that clicking on a wearable item in the store you can see a preview of you wearing the item? Just click the icon of the item.

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Use the QA client (you don't need to use Steam) or offline mode to try items.

This has nothing to do with crown store items.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  4. Warius

Warius Avatar

Since I have steamguard and I use my steam account to play (I think it might cause the issue) I can't connect on my account with the QA client, so I had to make another account in order to play online on the QA client, easier than via steam but still a bit clunky.

Yes I do, but it seems to work only for one item at a time and not a full set. And I actually was refering to mounts. I should have given an example, my bad.
    I know but let's say you want to try a mount on the QA server, well you can't see how it will look with the gear you're currently playing with on the regular server. You'd have to craft that gear to see if it will looks nice with the specific mount you'd like to buy. (for example you're playing with bone armor and want to try the skeleton horse, and since I've seen collision issues between different gear pieces I would not like to see it here too.)

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Live data is ported to QA every two weeks, so your crafted gear from live will be on QA. Unless you just made it recently.

Admittedly, there could be an edge case where you just made your gear, it isn't on QA yet, and you want to see how it looks with an item that is in the Vault and won't be available by the time QA updates. Or an item that's on sale now but won't be in two weeks.

Anpu and Warius like this.
  6. Warius

Warius Avatar

Damn, I wish I could log in to my account in the QA Client, I didn't knew that :( I thought one had to create a new character, as it was a fresh start.
    Well, thanks for infos!

Anpu likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You have to link your account here with your steam account. I don't remember how to do it because that was many years ago, but I'm sure if you sent an email to support, they would tell you how.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a link on the client page

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=4557#tab-client

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  9. Warius

Warius Avatar

Yeah.... My steam account is already linked actually, I'm gonna contact the support then.

Thanks.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Note that you have to use the same username/password you use here for the non-steam client, not your steam credentials.

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  11. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

It still would be nice to have a grace period when buying from the COTO store.
    I've bought quite a few things that even after clicking the preview item that I would have liked to return.

Warius likes this.
  12. Warius

Warius Avatar

I didn't use any password here, I just log into my steam account and can access the forum. But setting one and using it on the QA Server worked! Thanks for help!

Barugon and Winfield like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.