1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

COTO Store - Variety in Quantities

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by kaeshiva, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

One of the things that I liked and kind of miss about having the 'vendors' in game was that you could for the most part buy individual items rather than 3packs or 6packs or whateverpacks.

Was under the impression this would migrate to the new store UI (see: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-merchants-showing-online-store-items.149905/) since there are some items that you used to be able to buy on their own that you no longer can.

I don't object to having these packs available, but quite often, you only need one of something . With more and more items going the no-trade route, selling or even giving away the extras that you don't need, wont use, and can't store, is not an option.

When faced with an important deco decision where I need one of something, my options are either:
    • Buy several of something because that's how its packaged, and figure out something to do with the extras
    • Try to find a player selling a single one for gold
    • Pick something else rather than hassle with it.
    Some examples -
    There's a chimney piece that's only sold as part of a fireplace pack. I don't need/want the fireplace or any of the other pieces,, but I would absolutely like to buy a couple dozen of that chimney piece to use in a steampunky deco project. However its not really practical for me to buy dozens of entire fireplace packs.

Heraldry banners. Long banners don't actually fit in my main house, but every time I buy heraldry banners, I get long ones and short ones. Long ones just go in a box. Why not just let me buy one, single heraldry banner pattern and add 5% to the selling price.

Same thing with things like columns, etc. The pedestal pieces are nice for tabletop items, but you can't get them unless you buy a bunch of columns you'll never use.

Even things like tree packs - often I'll only want say, the 2-stories, and I'll end up with a bunch of other ones that I'll never use. Or lights. Or any number of things.

Proposal:
    Keep the packs, and extrapolate prices for individual pieces and bump them up a bit, so buying a single something costs say, 100 but buying a 6-pack costs 550. This still incentivizes buying bulk if you'll actually use it but there's a lot of stuff that I simply wont get because I don't need all the extra bits (I have BOXES full of this stuff).

It would be nice if, within the store interface, you could have options for singles or at the very least, packs of varying size. The opposite would also hold true, if it was something that I thought I could use more of, sell a 20 pack and knock a bit off the price, and I'd probably buy the 20pack. Things like potted plants, that I know I'll find a use for somewhere, I'd absolutely buy in bulk if there were an option to do so.

TLDR:
    Some bundle configurations are resulting in lost revenue due to package sizes or unwanted contents.
    Add options to let players just buy what they want
    I'd much rather give the money to the devs, than spend days trying to find something on a vendor or finding a player selling a specific piece. Please take my money!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.