cotos drop rate ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yinki2, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I usually get around 7 a release and usually during the first couple of weeks. I have not gotten one this release yet but RNG can suck with limited play.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OH jeeze, you would have to ask chris, I dont use steam so I really dont know, I would guess im above 10000?

3. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Steam says 2200 hours. Not sure if that's accurate, but I do always play through Steam. So maybe very roughly 1 per 75 hours if we try to adjust for afk and time not spent hunting? Not very scientific I suppose.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So about 1 / 75h for both of you, low balling macs hours.

That pretty much matchs what i had from persistance right to when i stopped.

This is one thing i always said should have been trippled at least. Especially since they r type specific if not gold, when after pots.

Thats crazy to me.

Honestly, knock 30% off the coto cost in store, and the average player will see more in game on vendors and such. At that drop rate its almost pointless.

Xandra7, amarious and Mac2 like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If I really needed some, I would just go grind some coin and buy em.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Right.
    But thats kinda my point.. they have a REALLY bad drop rate, just to offset the p2w/p2p argument.
    But its so measily, it makes more sense to either 3x or 4x the drop so its valid, or eliminate it and drop store price so its just more availible.

Where it is now.. is just worst of both worlds IMo.

It was a complaint of mine on persistance, but i always thoght drops on them would be jacked up significantly with release. But nope.

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They are throttled to drop only a certain ammount serverwide in a certain timeframe.

They do this to attempt to stabilize coto prices vs taxes and fight inflation

8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Cotos close to nil drop rate in game allows for the telling of a half truth for marketing purpose.
    Which is telling folk coins are not locked behind a pay to ? wall, and you can earn them through regular play.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am the last person to talk to about p2w. I am the highest level person in the game, pretty dam good crafter too, all on a $45 account. Until recently, I did not even do the $5 to telethons. The game does need to make money to pay its staff making it, but they dont ask for monthly cash, just a one time subscription. This is one of the least pay to win mmo I have played.

Thwip and Barugon like this.
  10. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Being completely fair though, you also have 10,000+ hours of grinding into the game... you are not exactly average :p

Most players will never see more than a handful of coto drops and if they want them they will need to buy them off the store, or buy them off another player who has bought them off the store.

I'm not saying that in itself makes anything p2w but just pointing out that theres more to it than just you being able to get everything on a $45 account with 10,000 hours of play.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

A few cotos for some obsidian pots once a week, and you can pretty much pay for those from the bonus you get from them, like conservation and carry capacity. Then you might need a few for repairs. We do not need to be dropping 20 coto's a day each player. If you really need some cotos badly, go grind some coin and buy them, it really is this simple, not hard to do at all.

Crendel, Jaesun and Boris Mondragon like this.
  12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I agree with you completely. If I am selling them for profit as Portalarium is to obtain needed revenues, I would reduce the drop rate as low as possible. I used them a long time ago when prices were under 3k each to pay taxes on my pirate galleon and only use my stock sparingly to repair a valuable sword or piece of armor. R/Boris/El Pirata.

Xandra7 likes this.
  13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Never got a single coto drop in over four years of playing.

ZeCarlos and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  14. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I've received 2 cotos (meteoric iron and white iron) in 575 hours of playing (according to Steam). Probably 300 or more of that is lootable activities (mining or combat).

15. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I've heard this, but can we confirm? If so all the people selling supply bundles are preventing more from dropping, or is my logic flawed

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  16. taxalot

taxalot Avatar

Thank god they really care about us.

If only there was a way to have a working, functional economy that would be fair to everyone who is not into real money trading... I really hope one day someone figures how to do that.

Hornpipe and Xandra7 like this.
  17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

In all respect, you mis understand the point.
    You are completly right, its easy to grind the gold and buy the cotos off someone who Purchased Them.

So my question would be, if no one who purchased them ever listed them for sale, would you feel at a disadvantage? As 75 h/ coto pot.. which r obviously effective.

So your basis is exactly what hes saying, that your completly relient on someone else making an RMT transaction to NoT be at a disadvantage.

Im not going to discuss anyones interpretation of P2P or anything as thats an individusl opinion, but thats kinda the problem with coto drop rates.
    If no one who bought them, sold them, do i have enough access to then to not have to drop money, to stay on curve with anyone else?
    Because as you stated, without buying them. Your talking 75h per obsid pot .. that is random.

And eh. I dissgree with the store for a lot of reasons.. i could say all the effort into RMT store coulds ment more content and more purchses?
    But thats a completly dif discussion.

Xandra7 likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

then I would just make some coin, sell the coin for cash, then buy cotos with cash.

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

They adjust drop rate manually, based on coto amount currentlt in game. It was said a few times in dif places.
    So once agian.. for someone who doesnt want to deal with real life cash into game ( RMT )..its at a disadvantage. Thats kinda the argument on drop rates.

To claim you can play with no RMT and not be at a disadvantage, your just reinforcing.
    I too would just do exactly this, but im saying to not be at a disadvantage, P2P or RMT has to happen.

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well, they dont work for free, someone has to pay them. And really, the pots are not a big deal, so the only key thing would be repairs, and even then, you can just craft new stuff, and not make great things to wear.

What is it you expect? you want cotos to drop like crazy so no one ever has to buy them?

Elwyn and Black777Lodge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.