cotos drop rate ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yinki2, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

@MrBlight I asked about bundles not coto's, I know thats how coto work

2. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Maybe don't hide the cash shop behind COTOs like it used to be.

Xandra7 and MrBlight like this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Well.
    I think increasing coto drops, would open up more possibilities to more content/decos n cut the rmt argument down a bit, to players who dont want to use cash shop.
    This might decrease coto purchses from some.. but more then that it would
    This would increase player retetention, due to more access n less pay RMT paywall.
    That leads to more interest in game, more pop and happier players.
    Which attracts more players.
    Which brings in more income... and leads to more content..
    Which leads to more retention .. snd new players.. bla bla.

ImO they could 10x the coto drop. Aversge it 1 or 2 per 8hours, and they would see a huge problem a lot of people hwve with game go down.
    More player attraction would b worth more then the lost profit on cotos from the few buying.

4. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

They aren't "hiding" anything. This is a poor attitude to have.

Elwyn, Barugon and Mac2 like this.
  5. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

[​IMG] \

my total coto drop since 2014, prob. 19 hrs a week active

edit: though i now remember those 5 gold cotos were from a Vooch trade. the rest are all the cotos dropped since oct.2014. For me, 20 hrs a week of grinding

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Been playing since release 13, Never seen a Coto. I don't think they drop at all honestly.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Some repairs, carry capacity, reg usage decrease, and less decay on your gear. These are not big things and can easily be done without. I just dont see why this is some game breaking thing, " I dont drop enough cotos".

And the whole rmt argument is a joke.

8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

They arnt massive advantages, but they are advantages.
    Since persistance, it was common to see people with at least 3 or 4 going at all times.

Early on, carry capacity + less degrade on gear is massive. Thats halfing the time your not only running to and from town while leveling, but also cutting chunks of cost in gear replacement. Or if your self crafting as many players do, that translates to significantly less gather, refine and then crafting.. (on top of break rates ).

Repairing difference is huge. Solid weapons can take ( from scratch ) 5-40h to make. Now your doubling the use out of it compared to others?
    Even if we talk housing.. the difference between farming out that gold, vs buying the Cotos.. is a huge time saver.

I think its been a long time since you have started from scratch, and these littlr bonuses probably dont seem like much to you, but there is very real advantage here.

Lastly.
    The RMT argument is a joke? You ve stated yourself your relient on someone else making a purchase, or selling IGG to make your own RMT.
    We have confirmed there ARE bonuses you get, that you simply cant compete with unless the store is involved one way or another.

CoTos are important. People who purchsse them with ( RMT ) receive the advantages of their use, or advantage of the gold.
    If they didnt purchase them for others to buy, there would be a huge disconnect between having CoTos or not.
    That all being said, theres a large amount of players, always willing to buy cotos, and flip them. ( even if they just sell the IGG after as you stated ).

All that being said.. as you have said yourself, the whole CoTo useage and availibility is based on an RMT relient setup. And without these * extra * purchases, players would loose advantage.

Xandra7 likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The coto's ARE there on player vendors though, so as a new player, you do not need to purchase them yourself. Let me put it this way, do YOU need to purchase stuff with rmt to be competitive? No cuz you can buy it with IGG. you can continue this arguement that well someone has to buy them so you can buy them, and if no one sells them, then you have to buy them yourself, but that is not what is, people all over the place are selling them for igg, and that is what is, so there is no need to do it yourself. At the start, there was no need for me to use cotos as my gear was not good, so why would I use a coto to repair it, I didnt. The carry capacity was not an issue either, as at the start it is best to do quests as well, and you always going in and out of npc towns and get to sell while in town anyways. The conservation pot was not an issue either, as most of the spells you use at the start do not use regs.

Thwip, Elwyn and Ryodin Stormwind like this.
  10. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

So.. let me see if I understand you correctly...

You are saying that we shouldn't worry about the underlying design because its not a problem right now.... is that right?

No offense but that seems somewhat poorly thought out.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

What is the problem? That you dont drop 20 cotos a day? That cotos are paying the staff who make this game? That without cotos you cant play?

Elwyn likes this.
  12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ahh.
    I wrote up a polite response regarding the point.
    But apparently it didnt clear with the mod.

So not going to repeat it, but no.. im saying that were both in agreement on the point that the dropped coto rate is so bad atm it makez it irrelevent.
    The rest is debating an RMT factor and game design i dont have the energy for.

Lastly. The game makes money by people purchssing the game.
    Less people purchsse it if they think there is a big pay wall.
    Having 99.9% of cotos coming from the shop = paywall.

So i guess im arguing that they would do better lowrring that wall by higher drop rate, or by embracing it, and removing coto drops n dropping their shop price, so ensure they ARE always in game.

Xandra7 and Jordizzle like this.
  13. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

The problem is the low Coto drop rate from regular game play, our economy revolves around the value of COTOs , which is only obtainable through RMT. That this is good for the game may sound reasonable,
    but only when accepted with out critical thought.

cobran and MrBlight like this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The economy revolves around people getting coin in the game, not from cotos. Make the drop rate to high, and no one will buy cotos, killing the money port needs to make to pay its staff and the bills.

Thwip and Elwyn like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

But who says we can't have things like a point system as achievements get accomplished and also achievements could give other things like titles.

Perhaps you earned so many points to trade in for a coto here and there. Imo that would go along way to taking some of the bad taste from having to use a coto to fully repair an item, and also we'd need to make it so it can't be abused but is a useful tool to add a coto or two to players occasionally.

Imagine earning a master cook title tearned that gave you a buff to your cooking when you had it active or maybe it made it so you get a chance that you could cook one more food sometimes. So titles could have use rather than just for role playing or at least some of them could.

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But enough other players buy cotos from the store and sell them for coin that the "paywall" is mythical, you can pay IGG. Dropping the in store price of cotos does not mean they will cost less IGG. The price is what people will pay for it, not what they are worth in the store. Remember cotos being 1500 coin, then someone snagged them all and raised it to 2000+, and people were still buying them so the price never did come down even though the in store price never changed, the IGG price did.

Thwip and Elwyn like this.
  17. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I looted another COTO today (copper). Admittedly, I don't know where to turn in the non-Gold COTOs. I now have 3 non-Gold COTOs:
    • White-iron COTO
    • Meteoric-iron COTO
    • Copper COTO
    Where can I turn these in?

FYI I got today's COTO off a mining node.

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Bigger cities have obsidian merchants. The only thing you can get with non-gold are potions. I think most people use them for repairing major durability to gear. You could pay taxes with them, once upon a time. (Well, you still can, but since they are now worth more gold than the amount of taxes they could cover, it's cheaper to pay taxes with IGG.)

Elwyn likes this.
  19. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I've only ever seen the Obsidian merchants that take Gold COTOs. Where are the merchants that take the non-Gold COTOs?

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. The only one I know for sure is in Aerie, by the alchemist shop. There's the two gold-only coto merchants on the street nearby, but in the yard adjacent to the alchemst's tower is an elf who sells potions. I believe there is also one in a building opposite the main gate in Resolute.

Other cities have them, but I don't know exactly where they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.