Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Craftable Ankhs that are able to resurrect

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by CatweazleX, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Last time i has died due to a meteor shower casted at my house. As a ghost i was not able to leave the house and have to wait until auto-resurrection takes place that does damage on my equipment.

There is a small Ankh inside the House (crafted) and a "large" one at the Outside (also crafted). Both do not resurrect.
    So, i want a craftable Ankh that can resurrect and there is no need to wait anymore to became auto-resurrected (more then 240 seconds).
    I know there are resurrection-Ankhs available in the Add-On store for money. Because of this craftable Ankhs should have some disadvantages.

Here what i think how to craft and to use:
    - The currently craftable Ankhs are deco items, like they are.
    - When you take them to the alchemy table and have learned how to resurrect you are able to inscribe the resurrection spell to the Ankh*. Both, the small and "large" one should be allowed to use.
    - After inscribing the crafted Ankh turns into a container, still looking like an Ankh.
    - The Ankh needs the same reagencies as the spell to do resurrection and always consume them.
    - As this is a container now, one have to put these reagencies into the Ankh. Else it wan't be able to resurrect.
    - A further restriction might be, that resurrection is only available for kindred to the LOT and above.

Comparesation:
    Add-On Ankh - Craftable resurrection enabled Ankh
    looks better - looks like it is now
    count toward items - count toward containers
    does not need "fuel" - needs fuel
    public resurrection station - private/semi private resurrection station

*one may need a high alchemy/enchanting level and a mid to high resurrection level, to be able to do this

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Craftable items should never be inferior to purchaseable items. In fact, they should be superior. But even if they function the same, the other difference should be appearance. The same has applied to this game so far, so no reason to change that.

A craftable ankh that resurrects has been requested. All they did was increase the number of ankhs in the scenes. Are you sure there was an ankh inn the add-on store? It's not there now, and I don't remember there ever being one. Not saying there wasn't, just not recalling that being a thing.

Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

There were before - both the regular ankh and the chaos ankh were in the add-on store. Probably on crown vendors by now.

I'd be happy with a craftable ankh that breaks after X resurrections which follows the breakable/indestructible pattern for crafted vs store items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.