1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Craftable fishing Rod

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Jan 30, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi there! Could respectable game developers add a craftable fishing rod? This rod should be not easy to craft... Like always - recipe examples listed below =))

Recipe Examples:

Recipe: Ashen Fishing Rod
    School: Carpentry 90
    Materials:
    Ashen Heartwood: x10
    Fishing Line: x1
    Fishing Hook: x1
    Mechanical Parts: x10
    Output:
    Ashen Fishing Rod x1
    Stats:
    Item type: Tool
    Durability: 150/150
    +10% Fishing speed
    +3% Fishing success chance
    +-% (Fishing line type bonus)
    +-% (Fishing hook type bonus)
    This rod can be engraved using Engraving tool
    This rod can be used for fishing in lava

Recipe: Cotton Cloth Fishing Line
    School: Tailoring 50
    Materials:
    Spool of Cotton Thread: x5
    Wax: x10
    Output:
    Cotton Cloth Fishing Line x1
    Material Crafting Bonus:
    +2% Fishing Speed
    -2% Fishing Critical Chance

Recipe: Carapacian Fishing Line
    School: Tailoring 50
    Materials:
    Spool of Carapacian Thread: x5
    Wax: x10
    Output:
    Carapacian Fishing Line x1
    Material Crafting Bonus:
    +3% Fishing Critical Chance
    -3% Fishing Speed

Recipe: Meteoric Iron Fishing Line
    School: Blacksmithy 50
    Materials:
    Coil of Meteoric Iron Wire: x5
    Coal: x5
    Output:
    Meteoric Iron Fishing Line x1
    Material Crafting Bonus:
    +10 Lava Fishing Level
    -3% Fishing Critical Chance

Recipe: White Iron Fishing Hook
    School: Blacksmythy 50
    Materials:
    White Iron Ingot: x1
    Coal: x10
    Output:
    White Iron Fishing Hook x1
    Material Crafting Bonus:
    +3% Fishing Speed

Recipe: Meteoric Iron Fishing Hook
    School: Blacksmythy 50
    Materials:
    White Iron Ingot: x1
    Coal: x10
    Output:
    Meteoric Iron Fishing Hook x1
    Material Crafting Bonus:
    +3% Fishing Success chance​

FBohler likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fishing rods were craftable at one point. so were cubit measures. right now, cooking pots and cleavers can be crafted. none of those ever had material effects, though

FBohler likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We do have the engraving kits for all the tools which give different material bonuses. The problem was always that the speed at which you shredded tools (esp. refining ones!) really encourages everyone to just buy a prosperity set and be done with it. I'd love to see better crafted tools too, but they'd have to be significantly better to sit there and feed it a repair kit every couple minutes - not from a cost perspective mind you, but just from a sheer annoyance perspective.

One thing that I think would be interesting would be if we could craft some of the NPC bought tools, like chisels/molds/etc. (Well, let's face it, if there was a prosperity tool/hammer/needle set I'd buy in a heartbeat) but we've been told that despite the silly costs of fuels, crafting needs another cash sink so this wont happen. The reality is the cash sink is minimal, its the irritatation of "oh hell, I need a wood rasp" and having to trudge over to the vendor slowly while carrying 80,000 pounds of wood scrap to buy a bunch of these, which you shred really quick so you buy like 10, then you end up putting them away when you get interrupted from what you're doing, so you throw them in a box, and next time you can't find them, so you buy more, and then you come back to the game after some months off, organize your stuff, and find over a thousand rasps, needles, mallets, various molds, etc. ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE when you try to organize your stuff and just destroy them all in a fit of ocd rage!

So, it would be of interest to me if I could craft sturdier variants of these tools, if prosperities are off the table - or hell, even BUY higher dura versions for a congruent increase in cost. If I'm going to smelt for a couple of hours, give me an ingot mold with 1000 charges or 10,000 even - if its about the gold spend, just add a couple zeroes to the dura and the price.

Or you know, let's just rise above - Prosperity Universal Mold - counts as any mold. Prosperity SuperChisel - ditto. Prossperity Needle, Hammer, Rasp, Pliers, Angle Finder, etc. That's best solution of all and I guarantee at least several purchases from my household.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.